Regular Season Finale - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

Who are you rooting for in Detroit vs. Green Bay? I think you have to go with the team most likely to beat San Francisco, which is probably Green Bay.

Playing out that scenario, our first two playoff games could be @Tampa and @Minnesota, plus even a potential home game for the NFCCG. You couldn’t realistically ask for a better situation than that right now.

38 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Who are you rooting for in Detroit vs. Green Bay? I think you have to go with the team most likely to beat San Francisco, which is probably Green Bay.

Playing out that scenario, our first two playoff games could be @Tampa and @Minnesota, plus even a potential home game for the NFCCG. You couldn’t realistically ask for a better situation than that right now.

Idk… I suppose you could ask for Dak not to blow the GB and Jag games.

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Idk… I suppose you could ask for Dak not to blow the GB and Jag games.

You could also ask for the Def to not give up 3 TDs after Dak led them to a 27-10 lead, you could ask for Noah Brown not to drop a pass that hit him in the hands smh. Considering after the Dak injury, most on here were wondering what to do with a top 5 pk in next years Draft to possibly ( although slim)  getting the 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs , that’s not bad at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m pulling for Detroit to win. I can’t stand Aaron Rodgers and do not want GB to be in the playoffs. If Philly loses, and SF + Dallas win, Dallas will get the #2 seed and have to play them.

20 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I’m pulling for Detroit to win. I can’t stand Aaron Rodgers and do not want GB to be in the playoffs. If Philly loses, and SF + Dallas win, Dallas will get the #2 seed and have to play them.

Yeah, in the scenario that we are the #2 seed, GB getting it is not ideal. Still feels like a long shot.

8 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

You could also ask for the Def to not give up 3 TDs after Dak led them to a 27-10 lead, you could ask for Noah Brown not to drop a pass that hit him in the hands smh. Considering after the Dak injury, most on here were wondering what to do with a top 5 pk in next years Draft to possibly ( although slim)  getting the 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs , that’s not bad at all. 

He doesn’t really care about it making sense or not. 

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m not sure there is all that much difference, though Detroit can probably pack a little more punch. Don’t think either team would have much of any real shot against the Niners. 

10 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

GB probably stands best chance of beating 9ers, but as a closet Lions fan I’m hoping they thump GB hard. Don’t really think either stands much of chance of beating SF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

GB probably stands best chance of beating 9ers, but as a closet Lions fan I’m hoping they thump GB hard. Don’t really think either stands much of chance of beating SF.

Surprised everyone thinks San Fran is so invincible. They were just taken to OT by Jarrett Stidham. And while he’s playing well, Brock Purdy is still Mr. Irrelevant. I think they are a brutal matchup for Dallas, but that doesn’t make them unbeatable.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

11 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

I'll admit the team has exceeded my expectations no doubt.  I'm being attacked on social media for what I'm about to say here but I don't care.  In the NFL you take the win but you do assess performance.  I've been concerned with the turnovers and what I will call the sleepwalking efforts.  Struggled with Houston.  Blew the lead against the Jags.  Struggled against the Titans B squad.  If those efforts continue the team will be out quick.  If they can run the ball effectively they are a tough match up.  Defensively get pressure and force some turnovers.  This team is capable of going on a run but I have concerns as to what team shows up.  You just can't turn it on.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Surprised everyone thinks San Fran is so invincible. They were just taken to OT by Jarrett Stidham. And while he’s playing well, Brock Purdy is still Mr. Irrelevant. I think they are a brutal matchup for Dallas, but that doesn’t make them unbeatable.

I think they’re definitely beatable and when the other shoe falls with Purdy. He’s been adequate thus far, but the playoffs are a different animal. The timing is about right for the other shoe to fall and rookie mistakes to start showing up.

38 minutes ago, Northland said:

I'll admit the team has exceeded my expectations no doubt.  I'm being attacked on social media for what I'm about to say here but I don't care.  In the NFL you take the win but you do assess performance.  I've been concerned with the turnovers and what I will call the sleepwalking efforts.  Struggled with Houston.  Blew the lead against the Jags.  Struggled against the Titans B squad.  If those efforts continue the team will be out quick.  If they can run the ball effectively they are a tough match up.  Defensively get pressure and force some turnovers.  This team is capable of going on a run but I have concerns as to what team shows up.  You just can't turn it on.

Yes, I get all that and they are legitimate concerns that I hope are resolved by playoff time, but it’s not like they the only one with problems .  Vikings have lost 2 of last 3 games ( and needing a miracle to beat the Colts ) 49ers struggle against the Raiders who were starting a backup QB . The Eagle are dealing with injuries . I guess as Cowboys fans , our issues are magnified as we see them on a weekly basis, but let’s not act like we the only team dealing with issues. 

1 hour ago, PincheJimmy said:

Yes, I get all that and they are legitimate concerns that I hope are resolved by playoff time, but it’s not like they the only one with problems .  Vikings have lost 2 of last 3 games ( and needing a miracle to beat the Colts ) 49ers struggle against the Raiders who were starting a backup QB . The Eagle are dealing with injuries . I guess as Cowboys fans , our issues are magnified as we see them on a weekly basis, but let’s not act like we the only team dealing with issues. 

I don't really concern myself with other clubs issues but I will say this.  The Niners are down to their 3rd string QB who happens to be a rookie and they keep on winning. I don't know if most teams would succeed under the same curcumstances. The Eagles will get Hurts back but I think their bigger concern is Johnson.  If he is out that's a huge hole at RT.  I think with Dallas we saw how versatile and valuable Pollard is to the club.  He provides a spark and match up issues for any defense.