Regular Season Finale - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

6 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I didn’t see what happened, and curious as to what happened. but following Twitter, and seeing that they performed CPR on him for 9 minutes and taken to trauma center is not a good thing at all. 

Just watched a YouTube video of it, scary scary 

4 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Just watched a YouTube video of it, scary scary 

I think Hamlin had an underlying health issue. Maybe the receiver's head/helmet hit Halmin in the chest and casued some type of cardiac arrest. Something else is at play, it wasn't just the hit. I mean, in my doesn't matter opinion.

19 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I think Hamlin had an underlying health issue. Maybe the receiver's head/helmet hit Halmin in the chest and casued some type of cardiac arrest. Something else is at play, it wasn't just the hit. I mean, in my doesn't matter opinion.

That seems to be the best guess. Don’t know about the underlying issue, but the trauma to the chest causing a cardiac arrest seems to be the best explanation right now. Without seeing the replay at first I wondered if it was as bad as an upper spinal cord/brain injury and I’m glad it’s not that. 

26 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I don’t know the medical term, but read an article on something like this years ago. Kid got hit in chest by bat from practice swings or something like that. Takes the right hit, in the right spot to chest to cause a fibrillation. No underlying issues necessary, it’s just a perfect storm of unfortunate events

EDIT: Had to look it up. 

Commotio cordis most commonly results from an impact to the left chest with a hardball (e.g., a baseball) during sports activity. The sudden focal distortion of the myocardium results in ventricular fibrillation, causing sudden cardiac arrest in an otherwise structurally normal heart

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PincheJimmy said:

Saw his tweet, did not see a problem with it , he even followed it up to clarify what was said. 

It’s his long standing history of being a complete idiot that makes it easy for people to misinterpret every thing he says. I agree, what he said this go around is being blown out of proportion, but he’s got nobody to blame but himself.