Visiting Green Bay - Need Suggestions

broncofan48

Yes, unfortunately the snow will be all melted after a warm spell. Definitely recommend all of the above and if you can get a stadium tour/HOF visit  on a separate day to reserve game day for the full experience. Also, make some noise on defense and harangue anyone wearing purple. Lambeau is probably one of the better stadiums to be an opposing fan but Bears and Vikes need to know what turf they are in.

Enjoy your time with your lady but beware the siren song. Wisconsin is a magical land where the beer flows freely and all the women smell like kringle. 

On 12/29/2022 at 10:22 PM, broncofan48 said:

Not sure where to put this but;

My girlfriend (huge packers fan) and I are flying into Green Bay tomorrow for our first Lambeau game

Any advice on what we should do/see?

Thanks in advance! 

Quick word of advice.....
Never put the words "girlfriend" and "huge" next to each other. The quick / subliminal read isnt kind. Requires a "wait a minute re-read" :)

Edited by Leader
  • Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 1:03 AM, Lodestar said:

I wasn't sure if this was serious until I read the part about the sledding kids. When I was there 10 years ago, one kid drove straight into my wife, knocking her onto the sidewalk and breaking her femur. I was about to give them hell, but a pack of coyotes emerged out of nowhere and chased them all away. Enjoy your time in Green Bay.

Good thing the local coyotes were on pawtrol.  That was one of Mayor Lynn Dickey's best programs, Brown County children are out of control.  

On 12/30/2022 at 8:38 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

Weather is junk, otherwise there is bit more than just eat and drink (though not by much). 

Not sure where you're staying, but St Brendan's Inn has always been a good night out for me. A friend of mine owns The Landing in DePere, a sort of bar my wife calls a "gas hole" - bar next to a gas station. Get the loaded tots. Titletown District is a nice place to wander. Speaking of eating and drinking, never been to Hinterland but I hear it's good stuff, if a bit overpriced. Have been to Chefusion - you'll leave with a much lighter wallet but won't regret it. Local stuff is getting a burger at Kroll's. National Railroad Museum is - nerd alert - a terrific place to spend a few hours if you're doing more than an in-and out. 

I would advise against the Door Co recommendation - I'm sure there are decent places open in the winter, but it's not worth the effort; in the summer, however, it's fantastic, if a bit crowded. Fall might be the optimal time to visit. 

It is pretty amazing up there in the winter, too.

Wineries are still open.  So are the bars and restaurants.  They just are not as crowded.

There are a ton of snowmobile trails, hiking trails, snow shoe....etc.  And sleigh rides and things like that.

Of course, I prefer the ice fishing.  

But...you do have to enjoy the outdoors in winter to find things to do up there this time of the year.  Not a lot of indoor stuff.