Oregon Trail Mafia - Settlers and Malf Wins

Pickle Rick

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Things are mostly well. I’ve got some complaints but they’re fairly normal problems that will be resolved soon. I hope things are well for you and your family!

Good stuff man! So far so good this year. :) 

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

It is unfortunate about football. I tried to accept for awhile that they were just changing and it was me that was stuck, but now it seems like they do things objectively wrong at all levels of football. I don’t see it getting better and I’m trying harder and harder to not support it each year despite my attachment to both it and the things that it’s brought me (BDL and FF)

I totally get where you're coming from.

10 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Hmmm now I’m caught because I don’t know where to begin 

The lack of inner city infrastructure needs addressed for baseball to rebound. Earlier start times wouldn't hurt either at the MLB level. Baseball also has a branding problem with a lot of their superstars, which is weird considering that they'd be the most recognizable stars out there aside from perhaps basketball...they don't have anything obstructing their faces.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:
2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

@11sanchez11

@JoshstraDaymus 

@gopherwrestler

@Slappy Mc

@TheKillerNacho

How does it feel being on the chopping block today?

Expand  

Eh. Could be worse things, like dying of dysentery. 

Or having a head coach that totally botches your season without knowing that he ruined it and doubles down on his idiotic decisions. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The lack of inner city infrastructure needs addressed for baseball to rebound. Earlier start times wouldn't hurt either at the MLB level. Baseball also has a branding problem with a lot of their superstars, which is weird considering that they'd be the most recognizable stars out there aside from perhaps basketball...they don't have anything obstructing their faces.

I absolutely agree with all of this. 

I do think the superstar problem has issues rooted with baseball itself, exasperated by our current culture where everything is about what’s happening in the immediate term. If MLB had marketed Mike Trout a ton, for example, there would have been a bunch of people who tuned in to a game to watch him and him alone. But then he’s only up to bat once every like 45 minutes. And he got out 3 times and walked the other. And they’re like “this dude is the best player in baseball??!” Perhaps they give him a few more chances, but it’s very possible he has perfectly normal baseball games during those games as well 

• Like 1