Jlash

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Johnston needs to learn to Extend his arms

...and catch with his hands

...and not have focus drop issues

...and not have body drop issues

...and not be slow off the LOS

...and run an NFL route tree

None of those in a vacuum are deal breakers for me, but the body catching aspect is a major turn off and concern for me...most of which stems from me having PTSD issues with Braylon Dropwards as a Brown. Typically guys who play smaller than they are really bother me as prospects.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...and catch with his hands

...and not have focus drop issues

...and not have body drop issues

...and not be slow off the LOS

...and run an NFL route tree

None of those in a vacuum are deal breakers for me, but the body catching aspect is a major turn off and concern for me...most of which stems from me having PTSD issues with Braylon Dropwards as a Brown. Typically guys who play smaller than they are really bother me as prospects.

Yeah I have no issues with his speed/size ratio.    I hated how even when he had the opportunity to high point,   he would shield and still bring it into his body.    Not saying he can't be coached out of that,  but it bugged me a great deal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Yeah I have no issues with his speed/size ratio.    I hated how even when he had the opportunity to high point,   he would shield and still bring it into his body.    Not saying he can't be coached out of that,  but it bugged me a great deal.

Yes, this is exactly where I am. I think his body position and shielding can actually be a really good thing, but that is a concern for me. CAN he high point/be taught to? That's one of those "instinctive" things for me that you more or less generally have or don't have at the WR position. My "thesis" would more or less be Dez Bryant, who had an incredible high point ability going back to OK State despite his "average/slightly above average" size...he just played a lot bigger than he was, and very similarly, Anquan Boldin was elite RAC and played "big" despite his average size.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Oh and I had Jack Campbell as my LB1 this class...head and shoulders above a lot of other guys. I thought he'd drop a ways due to positional value, but I think very highly of him.

I like him a lot too. Just kind of confused by the trade up. Felt like the danger of Campbell going probably wasn't high between that pick and the one he has now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Oh and I had Jack Campbell as my LB1 this class...head and shoulders above a lot of other guys. I thought he'd drop a ways due to positional value, but I think very highly of him.

Same. Would have considered him at 19 planned to draft him at 26 if I still had that pick and he was there.

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I like him a lot too. Just kind of confused by the trade up. Felt like the danger of Campbell going probably wasn't high between that pick and the one he has now.

7 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Same. Would have considered him at 19 planned to draft him at 26 if I still had that pick and he was there.

I would have said the same, but it appears as though Pickle had a good vibe there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I had Jack Campbell at 45 😬

I had him between 35-50 depending on the draft board, but I don't fault getting a guy I'd consider to be a legit MIKE caliber starter as a 3 down player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I had him between 35-50 depending on the draft board, but I don't fault getting a guy I'd consider to be a legit MIKE caliber starter as a 3 down player.

He was 39 for me but I was planning all kinds of reaches for various reasons in the 2nd.