BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Should I apologize to Rack now or later for bashing this guy in a mock a week ago? Asking for a friend...

I don't mind. It's pure upside with him. Having this many 3-5 round picks here and thinking there's not a ton of superstar potential in this draft, I took the guy who I think has that kind of upside if he goes to the right situation.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Love me some Sam LaPorta...my NFL Draft smokescreen didn't pan out after all.

Yeah I was hoping he would make it to the 4th and I'd look at him there but I should've known better with this group lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

One player that I thought I was lower than consensus on that is still on the board and I am a little surprised

I been calling half the KC board dumb for wanting to trade up from 31,  for a guy that is still on the board.      BDL makes me feel validated more often than not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Yeah I was hoping he would make it to the 4th and I'd look at him there but I should've known better with this group lol

As a whole, somehow each year I almost feel as though BDL does a better job of drafting guys than the consensus 32 GMs in the league on some of these IRL "value picks".

• Like 2

I love Forbes's game, just wish he was thicker. He's a physical and willing tackler with elite ball skills. He was another guy that Blue and I didn't see eye to eye on, but regardless I did say I wasn't comfortable taking him before R4 for similar reasons...but I would have in R4 if he fell.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I love Forbes's game, just wish he was thicker. He's a physical and willing tackler with elite ball skills. He was another guy that Blue and I didn't see eye to eye on, but regardless I did say I wasn't comfortable taking him before R4 for similar reasons...but I would have in R4 if he fell.

Yeah I've got him at 53, he was the bottom of my list for my next pick

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Kind of ironic coming from the guy who just drafted Bryce Young but, a 166 lb CB…….😬

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is basically how I feel too. Love the tape a lot but the frame scared me. Don't think there's any modern corners that are really close to that size. If he was even like 10 lbs heavier I'd still have some concerns but I'd feel way better.

I would've taken him in the 3rd probably if the rest of my board had been absolutely demolished but otherwise I was probably looking at him more in the 4th. But I didn't think he'd get to my 4th rounders either. I think it's a fair spot for him.

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

This is basically how I feel too. Love the tape a lot but the frame scared me. Don't think there's any modern corners that are really close to that size. If he was even like 10 lbs heavier I'd still have some concerns but I'd feel way better.

I would've taken him in the 3rd probably if the rest of my board had been absolutely demolished but otherwise I was probably looking at him more in the 4th. But I didn't think he'd get to my 4th rounders either. I think it's a fair spot for him.

If he was 176 I'd have advocated for him in @Blue's 180 pound cutoff as "close enough, look at D. Smith in Philly" type territory...but 166 is small at the HS level. I get that at some point weight doesn't matter...but at some point, it does.

If you're asking him to play man, no way he can press bigger guys, and if you're asking him to play off/zone/cover 3, you're saying "you need to make a lot of tackles", and that's potentially also an issue.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If he was 176 I'd have advocated for him in @Blue's 180 pound cutoff as "close enough, look at D. Smith in Philly" type territory...but 166 is small at the HS level. I get that at some point weight doesn't matter...but at some point, it does.

If you're asking him to play man, no way he can press bigger guys, and if you're asking him to play off/zone/cover 3, you're saying "you need to make a lot of tackles", and that's potentially also an issue.

Yep exactly. You can be flexible on size for the right amount of talent but his size is really, really stretching it. Love the tape though.