BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

On this very low key Friday (hopefully that continues), I will be posting synopsis on each team's draft class in "If this draft class was a movie" theme. You must tag me and post your round by round draft class, followed by a brief roster update synopsis, as I will be too lazy and/or uninformed to go digging.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

On this very low key Friday (hopefully that continues), I will be posting synopsis on each team's draft class in "If this draft class was a movie" theme. You must tag me and post your round by round draft class, followed by a brief roster update synopsis, as I will be too lazy and/or uninformed to go digging.

1.5- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon 
1.6- Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU
3.16- Josh Downs WR UNC
5.10- Tyjae Spears RB Tulane
6.9- Roschon Johnson RB Texas
6.12- Kendre Miller RB TCU
7.12- A.T. Perry WR Wake Forest

Added three receivers to a wide receiver group that has Ja’Marr Chase, Jameson Williams and scrubs 

Added three RBs to Jonathan Taylor and JK Dobbins both on the final years of their deals.

Added Christian Gonzalez to arguably one of the best corner groups in the league. 

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

2.11 - Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
3.5 - Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State
3.8 - Adetomiwa Adebawore, INT, Northwestern
3.10 - Steve Avila, OL, TCU
4.8 - Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee
4.14 - Keion White, EDGE, Georgia Tech
5.7- -Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami
5.8 - Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State
5.16 - Kyu Blu Kelly, CB, Stanford
6.2 - Ji'ayir Brown, S, Penn State
6.10 - Zacch Pickens, INT, South Carolina

Current Roster

30 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

1.5- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon 
1.6- Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU
3.16- Josh Downs WR UNC
5.10- Tyjae Spears RB Tulane
6.9- Roschon Johnson RB Texas
6.12- Kendre Miller RB TCU
7.12- A.T. Perry WR Wake Forest

Added three receivers to a wide receiver group that has Ja’Marr Chase, Jameson Williams and scrubs 

Added three RBs to Jonathan Taylor and JK Dobbins both on the final years of their deals.

Added Christian Gonzalez to arguably one of the best corner groups in the league. 

Scoundrel's draft class is:

The Wolf of Wall Street

show me the money GIF

In this classic rendition of "The Rich get richer", Anchorage trades up with multiple people to grab a few highly touted prospects, adding Gonzalez to an already deep position group, making him flexible enough to trade one of his other stud corners Madden style, to then use that egregiously high draft pick on another blue chipper in 2024 and beyond.

This endless cycle will continue to feed him and his greed until inevitably the law catches up to him with the draft embargo, resulting in a predictable fall from grace, but the journey will be a wild and fun ride.

wolf of wall street GIF

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, rackcs said:

2.11 - Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
3.5 - Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State
3.8 - Adetomiwa Adebawore, INT, Northwestern
3.10 - Steve Avila, OL, TCU
4.8 - Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee
4.14 - Keion White, EDGE, Georgia Tech
5.7- -Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami
5.8 - Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State
5.16 - Kyu Blu Kelly, CB, Stanford
6.2 - Ji'ayir Brown, S, Penn State
6.10 - Zacch Pickens, INT, South Carolina

Current Roster

Rack's draft class is:

Airheads

041105a1-144f-4937-9b7a-09230878e49d_tex

Rack headed into the draft with a nice QB situation and dominant defense, and really wanted to let the board come to him. Plan? Who needs a plan, I've got a draft board! You know what I'd love to have, some offensive firepower! But on the other hand, I absolutely hate offensive players and love to draft defense. You know what I love! Gibbs as BPA and great value, but I also hate the fact that RBs are going out of style! Ooooh! Ooooh! Look at this guy's RAS score and off the chart potential as a DL!!!!!  Ooooh! Look, another RAS stud! Oooooh! Oooooh! Give me 2 super value picks at corner late!

Oooooh! Oooooh! Look Cedric Tillman, what incredible value and he plays offense...I forgot, I need more offense!

airheads-steve.gif

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Scoundrel's draft class is:

The Wolf of Wall Street

show me the money GIF

In this classic rendition of "The Rich get richer", Anchorage trades up with multiple people to grab a few highly touted prospects, adding Gonzalez to an already deep position group, making him flexible enough to trade one of his other stud corners Madden style, to then use that egregiously high draft pick on another blue chipper in 2024 and beyond.

This endless cycle will continue to feed him and his greed until inevitably the law catches up to him with the draft embargo, resulting in a predictable fall from grace, but the journey will be a wild and fun ride.

wolf of wall street GIF

Lol love this 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Raleigh Firebirds

1.2- Bryce Young

1.8- Jalen Carter

2.6- Quentin Johnston

4.4- Matthew Bergeron

5.13- Darius Rush

Roster analysis: It sucks and I'm rebuilding. 

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Rack's draft class is:

Airheads

041105a1-144f-4937-9b7a-09230878e49d_tex

Rack headed into the draft with a nice QB situation and dominant defense, and really wanted to let the board come to him. Plan? Who needs a plan, I've got a draft board! You know what I'd love to have, some offensive firepower! But on the other hand, I absolutely hate offensive players and love to draft defense. You know what I love! Gibbs as BPA and great value, but I also hate the fact that RBs are going out of style! Ooooh! Ooooh! Look at this guy's RAS score and off the chart potential as a DL!!!!!  Ooooh! Look, another RAS stud! Oooooh! Oooooh! Give me 2 super value picks at corner late!

Oooooh! Oooooh! Look Cedric Tillman, what incredible value and he plays offense...I forgot, I need more offense!

airheads-steve.gif

This is funny because behind the scenes rack was really well prepared and his plan was well thought out 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

1.9: Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa
2.5: Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
2.9: Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
3.9: Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
4.9: Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma
5.9: Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA
7.4: Henry To’Oto’o, LB, Alabama
7.9: Karl Brooks, DT, Bowling Green

Traded for David Onyemata, Derrick Nnadi, 2025 2nd

Traded away Maxx Crosby for the Zay Flowers pick (2.5)

Added Flowers and Mims to Justin Jefferson-Rondale Moore-Tyquan Thorton

Darnell Wright to RT even with Elgton Jenkins there

Ringo enters as CB6