BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm also excited to see where my top PFA targets end up. In my initial top 150 rankings, I got 1 of my top 75 and 9 top 100 players still on the board

For me it's whomever the Pats overdraft in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

This could be a fun activity. Post your:

Best landing spot per prospect

Worst landing spot per prospect

1.5 Christian Gonzalez

Best spot- Lions (love what they are building although they will go DL or Spoon over him)

Worst spot- Raiders (hate that team and they can’t develop defensive talent very well)

1.6 JSN

Best spot- Vikings (I expect him to go earlier than this but like that they have the established number one in Jefferson)

Worst spot- Titans (meh not really a fan of that offense)

I will do the rest later.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Bryce Young

Best: Panthers

Worst: Texans (dumpster fire)

Jalen Carter

Best: Eagles (go birds)

Worst: Bears or Falcons (I just don't think those teams will have the infrastructure for him to succeed) or just a massive drop for character

Quentin Johnston

Best: Vikings

Worst: Texans (dumpster fire) or a massive fall

Bergeron

Best: Eagles (go birds), Dolphins, Rams, anyone who needs a RT and will put him there

Worst: just a massive drop that will get him buried on a depth chart

Rush

Best: any team that needs a CB that he'll get a chance to play

Worst: a fall into the late 3rd or 4th and he gets buried on a depth chart

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:
39 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Quentin Johnston

Best: Vikings

Get out of here

If Johnston goes late 1st as projected, then I think that Jacksonville, Dallas, and Buffalo would be a bit more ideal for him, but that's just me.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Jahmyr Gibbs:
Best - Carolina - Love the fit with him and Bryce Young in Carolina, I like that Young would likely look to him as a receiving option like he did in college. Decent OL, and some other solid RBs so Gibbs would be in a decent rotation. Lots of good Gibbs options though.
Worst - Arizona - While he would likely be their almost immediate starter and I don't hate the idea of Conner as his rotation partner, I don't want anything to do with that offense next year.

Felix Anudike-Uzomah:
Best - Carolina - Love his fit across from Burns and with Derrick Brown on the DL. He'd have an easy path to the starting job and would have it pretty easy with some of the other talent in the front 7.
Worst - Los Angeles Rams - Him playing next to Aaron Donald I suppose isn't the worst thing but I don't want him anywhere near this defense, he will have almost no help.

Adetomiwa Adebawore:
Best - Philadelphia - Adebawore shooting gaps while Jordan Davis occupies multiple blockers is a dream. Plus the Eagles are so good at developing their DL.
Worst - New Orleans - Again, maybe not the literal worst option but I really want Adebawore to end up as an interior DL and I think New Orleans would prefer him to be a big EDGE since that's what they like. I wouldn't be mad if he ended up at EDGE and was good there but I think he could be way better on the interior.

Steve Avila:
Best - Seattle - Seattle has a need at both guard and center and Avila going to a place where both options are available to him is ideal to me. Seattle 
Worst - Atlanta - I do think Avila would do ok here but it's a landing spot where he likely won't end up having a chance at center. It's also a spot where the current regime is on the hot seat so he could end up benched if he has any struggles whatsoever.

Cedric Tillman:
Best - New England - I have faith in Mac Jones and the NE offense turning things around when they have anyone but Matt Patricia running the show. And BOB is a pretty good offensive mind. New England offers an early shot at starting on the outside.
Worst - Buffalo - Long term this is probably a best case scenario ending up with Josh Allen. But it would make my life a lot easier if Tillman was able to start sooner rather than later. And I don't see him playing as much this season with Buffalo.

Keion White:
Best - Kansas City - There's early potential for White to start for the Chiefs. And even if he doesn't I can see him being used in rotation along the DL.
Worst - Green Bay - I know they like their big EDGEs but I would prefer White to play with his hand in the dirt rather than as a stand up pass rusher.

Tyrique Stevenson:
Best - Pittsburgh - A bit of a homer pick but I do think this would be a decent spot for him as he won't have pressure on him to be a #1 CB right away but will likely get that opportunity in a year or two if he can convince the team that he can handle it.
Worst - Los Angeles Rams - He would likely get thrust into a starting role immediately but that defense is a trash fire and I don't see him succeeding if he's got too much pressure on him too early.

Tucker Kraft:
Best - Miami - Tough to find a best fit since most likely Kraft will not start immediately but I think Miami is a place where he can get some rotational looks and when he does play, he has two receivers who can take the top off, opening things up for him underneath.
Worst - Houston - A few weeks ago I think I had Houston as a preferred destination for Kraft. Now that it seems likely they're passing on the top QBs in the draft, I'd rather not have my pass catchers in that offense.

Kyu Blu Kelly:
Best - Dallas - Dallas is a situation where Kelly could sit if needed but could start if he looks the part early. Would be nice for him to go to a spot where there's potential for him to start but he doesn't have to either.
Worst - Kansas City - Kansas City has a lot of other corners who are young, but have a year or two of experience over Kelly. Potential there but also a chance for him to get lost in the shuffle to other young players with potential who are further along in their development currently.

Ji'Ayir Brown:
Best - Green Bay - Similar to Avila, I feel like Brown can play either safety spot so I'd like for him to land somewhere that has needs at both spots so Brown can have the potential to go either direction.
Worst - Dallas - I don't want him to go anywhere where I feel they might want to use him as a single-high FS.

Zacch Pickens:
Best - Cincinnati - Cincinnati has two starters, both of whom are bigger guys. And there's not a lot of depth behind them. Pickens wouldn't be forced to start but would likely be a rotational guy early.
Worst - Kansas City - Kansas City needs help at defensive tackle but I don't see Pickens being a good fit on that DL and think he might not get a chance to shine at all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm not sure why everyone wants their WR to go to Minnesota with QB questions after this year and a bonafide star target hog number one

There is good opportunity next to Jefferson with Thelien gone. The QB point is a good one. The Giants are a good fit too but Daniel Jones......yuck

Really the best fit is him slipping to 31 at getting some Mahomes but I doubt they take him even if he is there

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

There is good opportunity next to Jefferson with Thelien gone. The QB point is a good one. The Giants are a good fit too but Daniel Jones......yuck

Really the best fit is him slipping to 31 at getting some Mahomes but I doubt they take him even if he is there

Ngl, I'm giving Jones some time. I want to see what he does with healthy receivers. He looks alright for now.