BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

23 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I often see these type of posts…

If you could steal any player from each of your division rivals who are you stealing?

Baltimore - OT Penei Sewell

New Orleans - DT Jeff Simmons

Raleigh - TE Mark Andrews

• Like 2

Grade these trades….

If you can’t tell I’m bored…

Submit your own for grading as well

Camden trades: Treylon Burks

Anchorage trades: Kyle Pitts

I grade this as an A- for Camden. They have a very good trio of receivers and they get a TE with great potential. He has an unproven QB situation and lack of TD production plus injury brings it to an A-. 

I grade this as a C+ for me. I lose a player with extreme talent that I became  frustrated with. I wanted a bigger physical WR2 and this could accomplish it but Burks has a lot to still prove and his QB situation isn’t great. 

Trade Winner: Camden

Anchorage trades: Singapore 2024 2nd, JK Dobbins, and AJ Epenesa

Baltimore trades: Breece Hall

I grade this as a B for me. The 2024 2nd is a steep price plus I think Dobbins has a good year while Epenesa was a throw in that gives me a little more cap for waiver wire. However even coming off injury I really like Breece Hall plus I have four other top 32 picks (3 in top 16) in 2024. I was the one who may or may not have influenced Wes in looking into that selection… so only fitting I end up with him. I had my top two backs on one year contracts and wanted a longer term potential stud on the roster on a cost controlled contract with the other contracts I have coming up. That is what gives this a B for me. The B is the high grade if he returns to pre injury form. If he doesn’t than obviously this gets a failing grade. Big risk in this one.

I grade this trade a B+ for Baltimore. Dobbins is a player I do believe in but he has one year left. The 2024 2nd is the real prize for a RB who is coming off an ACL tear. So Baltimore replaces him with a young talented player and gain pick capital plus edge depth. 

Trade Winner: Baltimore

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Grade these trades….

If you can’t tell I’m bored…

Submit your own for grading as well

Camden trades: Treylon Burks

Anchorage trades: Kyle Pitts

I grade this as an A- for Camden. They have a very good trio of receivers and they get a TE with great potential. He has an unproven QB situation and lack of TD production plus injury brings it to an A-. 

I grade this as a C+ for me. I lose a player with extreme talent that I became  frustrated with. I wanted a bigger physical WR2 and this could accomplish it but Burks has a lot to still prove and his QB situation isn’t great. 

Trade Winner: Camden

You sold low but you also bought low. I think Pitts has more of an opportunity to return to his rookie and predraft potential than Burks, but he will see a lot of targets for the Titans if he stays healthy. We also have no reason to believe Ridder is any better or worse than Tannehill.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You sold low but you also bought low. I think Pitts has more of an opportunity to return to his rookie and predraft potential than Burks, but he will see a lot of targets for the Titans if he stays healthy. We also have no reason to believe Ridder is any better or worse than Tannehill.

I also should add Lasher got two receivers from me (Hopkins and Kupp) and won a championship. It’s only right I got one from his team as well…

11 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Will be 18k per if Spotrac does the same thing they did with Oliver contract.

I am not sure of the issue with Oliver. He should be the same as Williams.

5th year - $10,700 + 4 year $68,000 extension = 78700/5 = 15740*.75 = 11,805/yr

This is of course the numbers if you chose to extend him immediately. If you wait til next offseason then it's just the extension number and remaining years used. Plus costs a 3up.

Edited by SirA1