Week 18 scheduling prediction/discussion

Malfatron

Im starting week 18 now because theres some intrigue on which teams would be scheduled when

Theres gonna be a saturday double header, and then a snf game.

Lets have our FF experts weigh in on what makes the most sense

And after its all squared away, we can discuss the games

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

Packers will get in bc they will beat the Lions.

I still think that Eagles will get that #1 seed bc they will beat the Giants. 

The NFC playoffs is really about a healthy Hurts Eagles team or the Niners. The Vikings and Cowboys are both frauds. The Bucs, Giants, and Packers thanks for entering the field this season. Although I’ll say the Packers intrigue me if their defense can play like it did today and they get the running game going and ARod can just make a few special plays. They won’t beat the Niners which they might have to face in round 1 unless the Niners lose today and somehow the Vikings keep the #2 seed then the Packers would face the Vikings again and they will beat them again. 

21 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Which games do we feel will be scheduled when

I think packers - detroit needs to be before seattle

Jax - tenn --> snf lock

Absolutely not, if Packers win, that eliminates Seattle. NFL doesn’t want less games that matter. Those games need to be at the same time.

• Like 2

Just now, Acgott said:

Absolutely not, if Packers win, that eliminates Seattle. NFL doesn’t want less games that matter. Those games need to be at the same time.

That makes a lot of sense

Both 300 games on sunday make sense

Who gets the saturday games then?

3 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

So if the hawks win against the Rams the Lions can’t even make the playoffs

Interesting point. I thought it'd be a lock Lions Packers Sunday night but given the Seattle game it will have to be at 4pm. Why can't NFL schedule 2 Sunday night games at the same time?

Cardinals-49ers, Giants-Eagles, Cowboys-Commanders, Vikings-Bears should all be on at the same time. 49ers/Eagles/Cowboys/Vikings all have a shot at the #1 seed. I'm guessing those are 4:25 EST games

Lions-Packers & Seahawks-Rams should also be on at the same time as well since the outcomes are connected. But since the Rams game is in LA, both these games will probably also be on at 4:25 EST

Jags-Titans is the clear choice for SNF IMO since its a true win or in game

I'm guessing 1 PM EST will be heavy with the AFC games. Pats-Bills, Jets-Dolphins & Ravens-Bengals in particular. Chiefs-Raiders has to be on at 4:25 EST due to it being played in LV

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Cardinals-49ers, Giants-Eagles, Cowboys-Commanders, Vikings-Bears should all be on at the same time. 49ers/Eagles/Cowboys/Vikings all have a shot at the #1 seed. I'm guessing those are 4:25 EST games

Lions-Packers & Seahawks-Rams should also be on at the same time as well since the outcomes are connected. But since the Rams game is in LA, both these games will probably also be on at 4:25 EST

Jags-Titans is the clear choice for SNF IMO since its a true win or in game

I'm guessing 1 PM EST will be heavy with the AFC games. Pats-Bills, Jets-Dolphins & Ravens-Bengals in particular. Chiefs-Raiders has to be on at 4:25 EST due to it being played in LV

Chiefs Raiders has to be on same time as Bills and Bengals games, and Pats have to be on same time as Jets-Dolphins and Steelers-Browns if Steelers win tonight. Looks like there will barely be any 1pm games - maybe only games with teams who aren't in playoffs other than Bucs Falcons.

11 minutes ago, General Tso said:

You can still have Det/GB on Sunday night.

That game matters no matter the Seattle outcome.

Safe choice is Jags/Titans

This is why having 2 Saturday games makes no sense, it'll create meaningless games.

I think they gotta use teams that they have to win to make it, but they need help

Maybe for sat games

Pats - bills

Balt - cin (if balt is still alive for division)

Or seattle - rams

Edited by Malfatron

30 minutes ago, General Tso said:

You can still have Det/GB on Sunday night.

That game matters no matter the Seattle outcome.

Safe choice is Jags/Titans

This is why having 2 Saturday games makes no sense, it'll create meaningless games.

A Seattle win earlier would eliminate the Lions.

I think Commanders/Cowboys will move to Saturday. Important game, but won’t lock seeding for anyone else if Cowboys win.

Jaguars/Titan move to Saturday as well. I don’t think NFL wants an injured Titans on SNF, but still an important game.

Maybe Ravens/Bengals to SNF. I know both teams locked, but important seeding still at risk

15 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

Chiefs Raiders has to be on same time as Bills and Bengals games, and Pats have to be on same time as Jets-Dolphins and Steelers-Browns if Steelers win tonight. Looks like there will barely be any 1pm games - maybe only games with teams who aren't in playoffs other than Bucs Falcons.

Good call. 1 PM will probably have some meaningless games - Bucs-Falcons, Saints-Panthers, Texans-Colts among others. Jets-Dolphins, Browns-Steelers & Ravens-Bengals possibilities for 1 PM EST too