2023 Week #18 GDT 8-8 Steelers vs. 7-9 Browns

Steeler Hitman

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I doubt he goes anywhere. He got this team to win again despite the record being  what it was.  Now if he insists keeping canada, then......

Oh I know Tomlin isn’t going anywhere…it’s just my personal opinion of him.

Plus I still think Canada may stick around due to the offense being better toward the last 1/3 of the season.

4 minutes ago, AFF said:

Oh I know Tomlin isn’t going anywhere…it’s just my personal opinion of him.

Plus I still think Canada may stick around due to the offense being better toward the last 1/3 of the season.

this is what we fear about OC 2023.   Oh well, it was fun towards the last half of this season with KP and then Watt returning from injury.  If we had this roster from day 1 , we would be in the playoffs but I understand  rookie QB's don't always start day 1 

49 minutes ago, AFF said:

I’ll give him credit for this team not quitting…but you’re still going on 6 years without a playoff win.

His seat should still be warm.

Last 6 years includes 4 years where the QB position wasn’t talented enough. 2 years of Ben with a shot arm, Duck/Mason, and Rookie Kenny. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, AFF said:

I just think every HC has a shelf life…Cowher had one and hiring Tomlin was a huge spark that propelled the team forward….I just think it’s the same for  Tomlin.

yeah fair enough! like i said personally i'm inclined to disagree but i see where you're coming from as a general philosophy

canada has to go but, i think all of us agree there ahahahahah

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Last 6 years includes 4 years where the QB position wasn’t talented enough. 2 years of Ben with a shot arm, Duck/Mason, and Rookie Kenny. 

Still 3-7 in the playoffs over the last 11 years with 1 of those wins being against a backup QB and another being gifted by Burficts personal foul giving them field position for a last second FG…unless my memory is going.

We’ve had this discussion before…well agree to disagree.

• Like 1

I'm not a Rich Eisen fan by any means, but he's not wrong, starting at time hack 3:25. 

There is not perfect HC in the world of the NFL, and no, we haven't won a playoff game in several seasons, but we've also never brought up the rear of the AFCNorth,  In fact, we've won the AFCN 7 out of the 16 seasons he's been here, 6 times we've been 2nd, and for only the 3rd time in his tenure, are we finishing 3rd.

I'm sorry, but aside from Bill Belichick, there has not been a better coach in the NFL in the last 15 years, and heck Belichick's had 2 lossing seasons with NE (his first, was one, the other was in 2020).

Point being...we won't ever be firing Tomlin; he'll retire, or move on from the Steelers when he sees fit, like Cowher did.  Much respect, and congrats to tomlin for keeping the Steelers at .500 or above, over the past 3 seasons...Ben was 'done' 2 seasons ago, as has been mentioned hundreds of time here, and then, to not miss a beat, with a rookie QB??  That's impressive...

On to the draft...gonna be nice to have 3 picks in the top 50 or so...

Edited by Ward4HOF
forgot URL
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Off-Season Wishlist...

- Fire Canada

- Go after Tremaine Edmunds

- Draft a T @ 18

- Draft a CB @ 32

- Draft another LB @ 49

- Go after JJSS, Equaminieous St. Brown, or Mecole Hardman in FA.

I think they’d have to re-sign Larry O to not draft a D lineman in the first 3 or 4 picks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squanchy said:

DJ had 10 targets and 2 catches. 

They started doing the AB thing with him where he’d complain about lack of targets and get a bunch. Issue is he can’t do what AB did. I’ve never seen a player be so hot and cold with his hands play to play while being so jekle and Hyde with and without the ball. I remember in the offseason when all the WRs in his class were getting those deals and some questioned why he wasn’t on the same lists as them…it’s because if he produced at their rate he would be the best. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AFF said:

Still 3-7 in the playoffs over the last 11 years with 1 of those wins being against a backup QB and another being gifted by Burficts personal foul giving them field position for a last second FG…unless my memory is going.

We’ve had this discussion before…well agree to disagree.

So the wins get caveats but not the loses?