Week 12 GDT - Denver at Oakland - The Get Right or Get Left Behind Game

NightTrainLane

1 minute ago, holyghost said:

I continue to stand by my thinking that Karl Joseph is a terrible pass defender. They picked on him the whole drive, he seems to have no idea of his pass responsibility, and the INT drop was the biggest play of all.

It's not a hot take by any means. Can't cover TEs to save his life. Pure in the box safety.

2 minutes ago, holyghost said:

I continue to stand by my thinking that Karl Joseph is a terrible pass defender. They picked on him the whole drive, he seems to have no idea of his pass responsibility, and the INT drop was the biggest play of all.

Perfectly called play by the donkeys. He split our 2 wide and both Safeties had routes they had to pay attention too before the seem.

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Perfectly called play by the donkeys. He split our 2 wide and both Safeties had routes they had to pay attention too before the seem.

Why do you seem to love taking a devil's advocate stance against any criticsm of the D? This is a historically awful unit, do you really want to stand behind them?

And I don't know exactly what play you're referring to, as I didn't reference a play. I assume you mean the TD. On the wide open pass where Siemian threw it too far out of bounds, Joseph covered noone and nothing in the middle of the field. Clueless. On the dropped INT, that ends the game. Almost called for unnecessary roughness on 3rd down. He's getting beat in coverage over and over, and it's not just because he's too small to man cover TEs. He does not know what his responsibilities are and has no nose for the ball.

Previous poster mentioned he's strictly a box safety. A 2 down safety in a corner's body is a UDFA, every year you can pick up 10 of them.

Archived