2023 Draft Prospects (Google Sheets) - New 2024 QB Worksheet

Karnage84

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

Hmm, I might copy that into my own Google sheet.

Gonna do some fun tracking during draft night, see what the Lions do vs what the "board" says.

Part of the issue is all of the missing pieces from guys who don't have a complete RAS. Some of those gaps are being filled during pro days and some guys are just not going to be working out to get those numbers in (either from injury or worried about how a number will affect them).

So it's a tool but it's an incomplete tool. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Part of the issue is all of the missing pieces from guys who don't have a complete RAS. Some of those gaps are being filled during pro days and some guys are just not going to be working out to get those numbers in (either from injury or worried about how a number will affect them).

So it's a tool but it's an incomplete tool. 

I feel like its complete enough where if a guy doesnt have a RAS or PFF score you can estimate it close enough or just determine them as outliers.  Like Jamo seems low for RAS but its close enough.  But overall its definitely an interesting way to look at prospects and see if there is enough correlation between the score and productivity in the NFL.  Even if you just did basic analysis like 1st round picks that get their 5th year picked up compared to the RASxPFF.  Or players who get a second contract at all compared to that. Or overall draft position compared to that score to see if other teams are using a similar metric/analysis.  A lot you can still do with it. 

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I feel like its complete enough where if a guy doesnt have a RAS or PFF score you can estimate it close enough or just determine them as outliers.  Like Jamo seems low for RAS but its close enough.  But overall its definitely an interesting way to look at prospects and see if there is enough correlation between the score and productivity in the NFL.  Even if you just did basic analysis like 1st round picks that get their 5th year picked up compared to the RASxPFF.  Or players who get a second contract at all compared to that. Or overall draft position compared to that score to see if other teams are using a similar metric/analysis.  A lot you can still do with it. 

Blooming Plant Life GIF by 60 Second Docs

19 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Blooming Plant Life GIF by 60 Second Docs

🤣🤣🤣

That actually wasn't intentional.  I was thinking I would look at it like that and just saying your data is still valuable.  But again you have to save the data for a few years or backdate the data.  Which isn't asking you to do anything but now that I type it out, it will probably lead to something.  lol🌾

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

🤣🤣🤣

That actually wasn't intentional.  I was thinking I would look at it like that and just saying your data is still valuable.  But again you have to save the data for a few years or backdate the data.  Which isn't asking you to do anything but now that I type it out, it will probably lead to something.  lol🌾

I'm going to try the top 10 for the past couple years and see if there's anything to it. 

• Like 1

RAS PFF SCORE NFL PFF
1 JAC Travon Walker  DE 9.99 72.8 727.27 60.3
2 DET Aidan Hutchinson  DE 9.88 93.9 927.73 80.7
3 HOU Derek Stingley Jr.  CB 8.99 66.6 598.73 49.1
4 NYJ Sauce Gardner † CB   86.5 0.00 87.9
5 NYG Kayvon Thibodeaux  DE 9.63 83.8 806.99 71.9
6 CAR Ikem Ekwonu  OT 8.49 91.6 777.68 65.3
7 NYG Evan Neal  OT   85.3 0.00 44.1
8 ATL Drake London  WR   91.3 0.00 83.2
9 SEA Charles Cross  OT 7.56 86.6 654.70 63.7
10 NYJ Garrett Wilson  WR 7.77 84.1 653.46 82.7