Should we keep Tannehill?

deeluxx3

Should we keep Tannehill?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Tannehill as our starting qb in 2023?

• Yes
    • No (cut or trade him)

We've gone as far as we can with him. When the supporting cast is bad he is barely able to keep us a float. 

When the cast was great, he couldn't deliver or seal the deal. 

He will win us games. But like the vibe set by Amy, we need to get over the hump and not just settle for being a decent to good team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't know what he is worth. Not like he is highly thought it in the league. 

Everyone attributes his success to Derrick. So unless you trading him too, then he may only fetch you a 5th and some change. 

Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz just went for 3rd rounders and then some. Arthur Smith likes him, he'd be perfect on the Jets, etc.

I think we can get a 3rd rounder from someone.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz just went for 3rd rounders and then some. Arthur Smith likes him, he'd be perfect on the Jets, etc.

Yeah but both went to dumb organizations. Lol

Arthur has Ridder. Might invest in him. He was better than Malik. 

I think the Jets get Jimmy G. 

Who knows maybe someone gets desperate but I don't see it. 

Carolina, Seattle if they don't want Geno. Tampa Bay if Brady leaves. New Orleans. 

Maybe he has a market. 

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Matt Ryan had a MVP and went to a super bowl and Wentz "Shouldve won the mvp" and yes thats a dumb argument but that is one that will be made 

Id like to get a 3rd for him but then what? Are we drafting a QB? Going out and getting a cheap vet like Carr 

Id say ATL would be they just drafted a 1st round guy. Im starting to come around on drafting a guy cause I doubt we are drafting this high again. We aren't the tanking type

43 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Matt Ryan had a MVP and went to a super bowl and Wentz "Shouldve won the mvp" and yes thats a dumb argument but that is one that will be made 

Id like to get a 3rd for him but then what? Are we drafting a QB? Going out and getting a cheap vet like Carr 

Id say ATL would be they just drafted a 1st round guy. Im starting to come around on drafting a guy cause I doubt we are drafting this high again. We aren't the tanking type

Both of those things happened 5+ years before they were traded.  They were not a factor at all in their 2022 trade value.

Carr will not be cheaper.  Either drafting a QB or signing Dobbs + another free agent to compete for the job.

Umm...who did Atlanta draft in the 1st?

42 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Depends if we can draft a QB or not. If we're making a move to trade up for a QB, yes. If not, he stays.

Not going into next season with Dobbs and cheap FA like Minshew.

This is my exact thoughts.

It all lands on if we can get a guy.

Maybe we can use him as an asset to move up.

Or maybe some others guys on this team.

Use assets on our team to move up and grab a guy.

Either way. Blow this team up. In my eyes, no one is safe. We need hard changes.

45 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah but both went to dumb organizations. Lol

Arthur has Ridder. Might invest in him. He was better than Malik. 

I think the Jets get Jimmy G. 

Who knows maybe someone gets desperate but I don't see it. 

Carolina, Seattle if they don't want Geno. Tampa Bay if Brady leaves. New Orleans. 

Maybe he has a market. 

Teams want QBs. Tannehill is a solid starter and can get picks back.  NYJ, Las Vegas, Washington, the entire NFC South, and potentially Seattle, NYG, LAR, and NE could also be in the market. I am not guaranteeing we can get a 3rd, but I think based on last year's market and how many teams will or could be looking for new starters would net us a 3rd rounder and another later pick.

• Like 1