Should we keep Tannehill?

deeluxx3

Should we keep Tannehill?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Tannehill as our starting qb in 2023?

• Yes
    • No (cut or trade him)

God forbid we play to a guys strength besides Henry. This is the story of our franchise...imagine if we had Warren Moon and said hey just hand it off to Allen Pinkett, Mike Rozier, and Lo White!!! Certainly not saying anyone we have had since Moon is near the QB he is...but they got the moist from him by running the R-n-S offense. Side note...that was the last time we ran a modern offense and we were ridiculous to watch!!!

Does anyone think Hurts would be an MVP level player here, does anyone think that Willis couldn't go for 250+ yards/gm if we swapped him out for Hurts this offseason?  Of course he would because their staff would put him in position to make the plays and surround him with playmakers instead of "good blocking" WR's and TE's.

Malik Willis is going to suck *** no matter what team you put him on, but no, Hurts wouldn't be near as effective throwing to Austin Hooper and Robert Woods as he would AJB and Devonta Smith.

Hopefully we do get out of the prevent offense, but you need real weapons and an OL to do it.

16 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Malik Willis is going to suck *** no matter what team you put him on, but no, Hurts wouldn't be near as effective throwing to Austin Hooper and Robert Woods as he would AJB and Devonta Smith.

Hopefully we do get out of the prevent offense, but you need real weapons and an OL to do it.

I disagree only because he hasn’t been giving the chance. I can honestly say to you I never thought Lamar would be a efficient QB dayum sure not a MVP. It can happen need to be surrounded by talent & a OC 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

I disagree only because he hasn’t been giving the chance. I can honestly say to you I never thought Lamar would be a efficient QB dayum sure not a MVP. It can happen need to be surrounded by talent & a OC 

You could see points in college where Lamar could actually throw the ball. I still am not a full believer in Lamar but I can admit he is a NFL starting QB that can carry a team to a degree. 
Willis had 3 games to show some signs of life and he failed. 
Not to cut ties with him, but he had an opportunity to show how close he is to playing. 

I am not advocating for Willis, but just saying that after Hurts limited performance in year one...with a better OC and talent...plenty were ready to move on. I just look at Hurts' protection and the skill positions around him there is so much space on the field, making him super effective as a runner. Basically most guys would be effective if placed in his spot, which speaks to talent around and OC. I personally doubt he ever becomes a starter quality QB, but then again I thought the same about Hurts, Jackson, Allen, Lawrence, Fields... Also as I have mention I thought Mariota was a can't miss guy with his tools...so take all of the with a grain of salt. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

You could see points in college where Lamar could actually throw the ball. I still am not a full believer in Lamar but I can admit he is a NFL starting QB that can carry a team to a degree. 
Willis had 3 games to show some signs of life and he failed. 
Not to cut ties with him, but he had an opportunity to show how close he is to playing. 

We knew he wasn’t ready to be playing he’s a project he’s going to need a couple of yrs at best but he needs to be in a QB friendly system that’s tailored to his skill set the same how phili adapted to hurts 

With a new OC and GM there’s a chance for this offense to have a dramatically new feel next year. 

still I’d rather they stay with Tannehill and build as good a roster as we can around him with the focus being on rebuilding this offensive line. Last thing I want is for us to trade a bunch of draft capitol to draft a rookie QB just to put him behind a Oline that we’re gonna struggle to make better because we don’t have enough picks (and imo it would be foolish to assume you can just fix the oline solely with free agents)

I feel tannehill will sign something team friendly. We’re both each other’s best option for next season. 

better question to me is do they keep Henry… he makes a lot of money to NEVER  play 3rd down/passing downs. This has been one of the biggest unspoken issues of the last few years of titans offenses. Name me another elite player who routinely brought out of the game in clutch moments as often as Henry? If it’s the 4th quarter and we’re down 7 or more, Henry is virtually worthless. It’s a failure of coaching and the player imo. This is one of the main reasons our offense is so predictable. The fact that Henry isn’t at worst a decent pass protector is egregious (that’s the main reason they take him out) Love Henry, want him to retire a Titans, but if he can’t develop into more of a passing down player, THAT, is the guy they should move on from. 

The main issue the titans face is that we’re are in a conference of young dynamic QBs. So in an arms race like that, relying on a average QB seems like a foley. With that reality I can understand fan insistence on finding our own young QB. Still I have a hard time believing in this class. The only one I like is Young, but I fear he’ll have similar issues to Tua. The other QBs I feel need to be surrounded by great offensive minds in order to maximize their potential. Stroud gives me Kirk Cousins vibes. Richardson and Levins seem like more potential than performance.

I kinda feel like the QB room will be the same next year unless Dobbs beats out Malik lol. But Im ok with it for one more year. We need to build a offense then insert a rookie QB or vet to put us over the top. I really need RT to fix his cap issue 

I think a real rebuild could be coming but I hope we can reload and stay healthy and see what happens with a new OC 

Also something to keep in mind. We saw what Tannehill looked like without a heavy play action scheme. 
If we bring in an OC that doesn't fit that mold, are we sure Tannehill is the guy to keep?

Are we going to hire an OC that fits Tannehill or one to modernize the offense?

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Also something to keep in mind. We saw what Tannehill looked like without a heavy play action scheme. 
If we bring in an OC that doesn't fit that mold, are we sure Tannehill is the guy to keep?

Are we going to hire an OC that fits Tannehill or one to modernize the offense?

A good OC, actually, a competent OC should be able to tweak his scheme to fit the players he has.  If you can't do that, you're not a coach, you're an algorithm.

• Like 1

I think the new GM might want to wipe the slate with the QBs and whens the next time we will be drafting this high with our defense keeping us in a lot of games and we have a much easier slate of games next year cause we arent division champs 

1 minute ago, VY-FTW said:

I think the new GM might want to wipe the slate with the QBs and whens the next time we will be drafting this high with our defense keeping us in a lot of games and we have a much easier slate of games next year cause we arent division champs 

Don't think it's possible to completely wipe it clean.

Willis for sure gonna be given a chance to show if he improved or not, Dobbs proven to be a good backup.  Tannehill might be just a necessity to keep from bottoming out. 

Sigh.....likely running it back with same group..lol

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

A good OC, actually, a competent OC should be able to tweak his scheme to fit the players he has.  If you can't do that, you're not a coach, you're an algorithm.

Just saying... lol

What if Tannehill's limitations hinder growth of the offense?

or

Henry for that matter.