2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

Just a couple days ago one of the guys on our board ask me why I am so angry, After six 60 years being a Jet fan and having a good QB for only 50% of that time is enough to make anybody angry. Today there are four QB that are on the market and there is a good chance none of them will become a Jet. If tomorrow morning I wake up and see Arron Roders is a Jet I will be thrilled, to see what he could do with the talent the Jets have now. But I don't want to pay the price to get him.

31 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Just a couple days ago one of the guys on our board ask me why I am so angry, After six 60 years being a Jet fan and having a good QB for only 50% of that time is enough to make anybody angry. Today there are four QB that are on the market and there is a good chance none of them will become a Jet. If tomorrow morning I wake up and see Arron Roders is a Jet I will be thrilled, to see what he could do with the talent the Jets have now. But I don't want to pay the price to get him.

50% is pretty kind. I have seen some awful QB's for the Jets and then add the fact we have not had a 4K passer since Joe Namath. WHAT??? Even with the extra game and all the advantage you get with passing now we still can't get that 4K guy. I want Aaron Rodgers too but I don't think he will be that expensive. When teams leak what they want for a guy they usual get about half of what they want and then you add only 2 teams have interest with the Jets and Raiders. The Packers have better make a move fast because if Carr is cut in a few days and goes to the jets GB is getting less than a first round pick. I think a first round pick is the max for Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I've only been a fan since 97' and I set a 2024 deadline on this team two years ago. I have 2 teams already lined up as a backup. lol The Jets is the only team that struggle with being a consistent competitor. 

The truth is that things eventually turn. We're either going to find our franchise QB or we're going to win it with our version of Nick Foles(Eagles). But I feel like the Jets owe us a dynasty after all this BS. I would gladly take Rodgers or any QB that can be at least a top-20 QB. I'll take the price because I'm tired of the QB being the biggest problem on the team. I think we're on track to rebuild our version of Seattle (Legion of Boom) or Giants (Eli). So I have a little hope. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Wait. 30 years of good QB play?  Where the hell was I?

LOL The sad thing is you are right  I can only remember us having four good

drafted QB's Joe Wille, Richard Todd, Kenny O"Brien, Chad Penning. WE had a couple of Vets like Vinnie T & Boomer for two or three years.

.. Sanchez who we drafted played good for a short period of time. Very short.

You made me laugh for the first time in days (WERE THE HEL WAS I )

21 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

LOL The sad thing is you are right  I can only remember us having four good

drafted QB's Joe Wille, Richard Todd, Kenny O"Brien, Chad Penning. WE had a couple of Vets like Vinnie T & Boomer for two or three years.

.. Sanchez who we drafted played good for a short period of time. Very short.

You made me laugh for the first time in days (WERE THE HEL WAS I )

Take Todd off that list. He was so hyped as the next Namath there was no way he could ever live up to it. Predictably, he failed spectacularly. O’Brien will forever be the guy we took over Marino.

Since Joe Willie, we really have not had that “franchise” QB. We have had some decent QB’s like Vinny, the Chad, and Kenny O but we have never had that “guy”.

Thank god I am a Yankee fan. That said, they, too, better pull their heads out of their *****. 

13 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Becton or Johnson. And not that Johnson was bad, but if he’s a starter I can see him having a big impact. 

I mean if Becton plays a game he’s improved.

I can see Johnson. But I also see him still not getting a “ton” of snaps. I see ya resigning Huff and JFM and Huff getting the majority of snaps. But I’d love to see JJ breakout.

My also hidden one is Whitehead if we don’t cut him. I’ll stand by that he had awful FS play next to him, which made his game change. We get a good FS… and I think we see a better version of him.

But I still stand by Moore being my breakout guy if we add a great QB.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There is no doubt that all our receivers will benefit from better QB play. The question is what defines a breakout player?  Moore looked good his rookie year. Then he was an afterthought in year two. A lot will depend on how Hackett wants to utilize the WR’s. If Garett is going to constantly get the first look, Moore may be in for less than stellar stats. He has the talent, it’s just going to be about how he is used. 

8 hours ago, xrade said:

There is no doubt that all our receivers will benefit from better QB play. The question is what defines a breakout player?  Moore looked good his rookie year. Then he was an afterthought in year two. A lot will depend on how Hackett wants to utilize the WR’s. If Garett is going to constantly get the first look, Moore may be in for less than stellar stats. He has the talent, it’s just going to be about how he is used. 

For me anyone coming back off injury is a comeback player, not a breakout player. So it has to be someone who hasn’t been really good yet. Moore’s rookie year wasn’t as good anything great. That’s partially bc of QB play (remember his best games we’re when Wilson was out) and that he wasn’t getting targets right away and he got injured. I think he was just over 500yds and had like 5 TDs. Not bad for a rookie… but GW just doubled that performance yardage wise as a rookie. So it’s not great. Where I think Moore can get close to 1k if we have a great QB. I see GW going to elite WR status if we have a great QB. But after a 1k season… can’t have him as a breakout guy.

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean if Becton plays a game he’s improved.

I can see Johnson. But I also see him still not getting a “ton” of snaps. I see ya resigning Huff and JFM and Huff getting the majority of snaps. But I’d love to see JJ breakout.

My also hidden one is Whitehead if we don’t cut him. I’ll stand by that he had awful FS play next to him, which made his game change. We get a good FS… and I think we see a better version of him.

The great thing is we have many candidates. But imagine Moore breaks out while we have GW and Breece doing their thing? Even if we have a vet like Jimmy G he should be capable of coming close to Fitzpatrick numbers with Marshall and Decker. 

58 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The great thing is we have many candidates. But imagine Moore breaks out while we have GW and Breece doing their thing? Even if we have a vet like Jimmy G he should be capable of coming close to Fitzpatrick numbers with Marshall and Decker. 

Well I feel like every team has lots of candidates. The thing that’s optimistic with us is the young guys that were injured coming back. Hall looked like an elite RB before he went down. AVT was our MVP and best OLineman before he went down. Becton was almost a pro bowler as a rookie. That’s 3 key spots for us. All this with the evil ration that all year young guys just get better and better.

This next week is likely pretty big for us. Carr’s decision should be in the next few days. And Rodgers will give an answer to his devious in the next few days. GB has said they’ll trade him if that’s his wish. So I expect us to have an offer already ready if he decides he wants a move and to act quickly. GB says they don’t want this to drag on. So expect them to act fast as well. 

On 2/10/2023 at 7:31 AM, doumeyer said:

I have seen every Jet draft in their 60 year history and the 2022 draft by,Joe Douglas, could go down as the Jets best draft in history. Only time will tell.

Now a down note, the Green Bay beat writer just wrote the Packers are looking for two first round picks and a third-round pick for Arron Rodgers.

Interesting to say the least.