2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Can't stand the people who claim Carr isn't a "winner". Below are the raiders defensive ranks in points allowed since he entered the league:

2014-32nd

2015-22nd

2016-20th

2017-20th

2018-32nd

2019-24th

2020-30th

2021-26th

2022-26th

They are by far the worst defense in the NFL during his tenure as a raider. He has never once played with a defense in the top half of the league. The fact that he won as many games as he did is honestly impressive.

Some people only see the offense when watching football. They don't think about the fact that he has to outscore every offense including offenses in his division like the Chiefs and Chargers. They don't think about how he managed to throw 65%comp, 4k+ yards, and 25Tds when his top WR at the time was Renfrow. If any of our QBs were able to reach the performance of Carr's worst year, we wouldn't be looking for a QB. Imagine how good Carr would look with a good surrounding a defense that allows him to win games without having to score 30 points every week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol Rodgers is so dramatic. 

I don't know where to rank Rodgers on my list because of the fact he might play 1 year if he decides to come back. Lamar Jackson is my #1, and Carr/Rodgers are tied for me because of the uncertainty that Rodgers will play at least 2 years.

Rodgers only playing one year could just lead to us being out of range to draft the next QB. The only 2 QBs set to hit the market next year is Burrow and Herbert, but we know that's not happening. So on top of trading picks for Rodgers, we may have to plan to trade up for the next QB. I'll be happy with him, but this could backfire if he only plays one year and doesn't win it all. 

Yeah Rodgers is concerning. Dude seems extremely out there these days. A one and done season is definitely a possibility. As far as drafting a QB, we don’t necessarily need to trade up, we just need to pick the right one. I argued this when everyone insisted we had to draft ZW bc we had the second pick in a “QB heavy” draft. You can find them in the middle of the first and even the second round.

As far as Lamar Jackson goes, hard pass. I would bet he never replicates his 2019 season again, and then there’s the durability. He has the potential to cripple the franchise that commits to him. He just hasn’t been good enough lately to justify what he wants.

We are going to have to go back to the well sooner rather than later and take another shot in the draft, unless they sign Carr.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah Rodgers is concerning. Dude seems extremely out there these days. A one and done season is definitely a possibility. As far as drafting a QB, we don’t necessarily need to trade up, we just need to pick the right one. I argued this when everyone insisted we had to draft ZW bc we had the second pick in a “QB heavy” draft. You can find them in the middle of the first and even the second round.

As far as Lamar Jackson goes, hard pass. I would bet he never replicates his 2019 season again, and then there’s the durability. He has the potential to cripple the franchise that commits to him. He just hasn’t been good enough lately to justify what he wants.

We are going to have to go back to the well sooner rather than later and take another shot in the draft, unless they sign Carr.

To be clear, Jets traded up to #2 because they thought Wilson was real deal.

18 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

There’s a rumor Fields is available rn…. We should correct our mistake right? 

Pass. I think he is just another running QB that has about 3 good years in him. This is just like Lamar a running QB that you get about 3 good years in. I hate running QB a lot. The NFL has NEVER had a run first QB win the Super Bowl and there is a reason for it. You QB has to make the tight window throws PERIOD!!! If they can't do that I don't want them. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This would be awful if true. You don’t do this for a playoff berth, you do this to win a Super Bowl. I’m not excited about it. 

I'm good with giving up the 13th pick for Rodgers. The guy shoots us way up there and we have the best chance to be in the Super Bowl as a jet fan in over 10 plus years. People are crazy not wanting him. That pick 13 you might or might not get a good guy. 

21 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I want a Super Bowl win now that is checkmate. I would give up 5 bad years for 1 Super Bowl win in a heart beat. 

I’m pretty sure just about every Jets fan that exists would give up 5 years for a Super Bowl win. If the Rodgers move is just a playoff berth these guys should be fired. You don’t give up capital like that to just make the playoffs.

Its funny if they make this move after Saleh decided to project on our fan base with his instant coffee remarks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This would be awful if true. You don’t do this for a playoff berth, you do this to win a Super Bowl. I’m not excited about it. 

Yeah 13 alone is too much. Then assuming we would have to give up more. I thought the conditional scenarios everyone was throwing out there was a fantasy but I really hope it doesn’t cost 13+ 

Everyone loves Douglas vision and the way he’s building the team and now they want to ditch that plan to go after a 40 year old who’s flirting with retirement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah 13 alone is too much. Then assuming we would have to give up more. I thought the conditional scenarios everyone was throwing out there was a fantasy but I really hope it doesn’t cost 13+ 

Everyone loves Douglas vision and the way he’s building the team and now they want to ditch that plan to go after a 40 year old who’s flirting with retirement.

He missed on the biggest one in Zach Wilson. Ya your window is very tight now. You only have a few years and all these rookies will want more money and the other guys too. You take Aaron Rodgers for 2 years hands down. This team will not have a QB at this level for 2 years at least. Giving up 13 is not that bad and anything beyond that I highly doubt happens. Remeber what you ask and what you get are never the same. I expect that just pick 13 is the high point for JD. I almost find if funny how we have waited 12 years for a window like this to happen and we can get an Aaron Rodgers or Carr to run this team. The Wilson pick just crushed this teams hopes. I'm still mad that they made that pick. I have read reports that a lot of people did not want Wilson from the scouts but JD made the pick. I love JD but he missed REALLY bad here.