2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

37 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Woody is a clownnnnnnn. 

“Hey Joe forget Carr get me Rodgers”

”But make Green Bay pay some of that money or tell Rodgers he’s gotta come down on that price”

Woody probably didn’t even pick up the tab at the restaurant.

• Like 2

The longer these negotiation go on the more Woody Johnson looks & acts like FRADO 

Thank god Michael Corleone AKA Joe Douglas is at the negotiation table.

Just make GB an offer they can't refuse Just tell GB we want their third round pick in 2023 & their fourth round in 2024 and we will talk Arron Rodgers off their hands. 

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Woody is a clownnnnnnn. 

“Hey Joe forget Carr get me Rodgers”

”But make Green Bay pay some of that money or tell Rodgers he’s gotta come down on that price”

Woody probably didn’t even pick up the tab at the restaurant.

Easier said than done though. As I said yesterday. We’re clearly all in on Rodgers. And let’s say GB says if they don’t at least get next years 1st, they’re out.

Is it not smart for Woody and JD to say well if you’re getting a 1st. You’re picking up some of the tab? We’re not giving you a 1st for him AND paying his full contract.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Easier said than done though. As I said yesterday. We’re clearly all in on Rodgers. And let’s say GB says if they don’t at least get next years 1st, they’re out.

Is it not smart for Woody and JD to say well if you’re getting a 1st. You’re picking up some of the tab? We’re not giving you a 1st for him AND paying his full contract.

Taking football out of it and looking at it from a business negotiation….

1. Why would we completely show our hand and fly everyone out to California for a full court press of Rodgers without having a deal done first? That would be such a ridiculous business decision. Woody is a billionaire and JD has through decisions he’s made already in his tenure here allowed me to believe we are not that stupid.

2. If we agreed to a deal with GB and now they are trying to renegotiate that would look awful on their FO and would negatively impact them throughout the league for years to come. You just don’t do that. Makes zero sense. Especially when in this case they NEED to trade AR or have him retire for them to respectfully embrace the Jordan Love era.

I think (in my humble opinion not spitting facts) that a deal is done with GB. I think a deal is done financially with AR. I just think we are waiting on him now. There’s no way you speak Monday to AR after given permission from GB and then on Friday you’re still tweaking the offers.  

Oh and because of the non news as we wait for a decision. We are hearing so many conflicting rumours from ‘insiders’ as they need sales/clicks etc so simply saying AR is having a good deliberation doesn’t move the needle for them. 

Edited by KimuraGod
  • Like 1

The trade is in place, Rodgers wants to play this year amd it all comes down to the money. Woody made a TON of money during COVID with the Johnson and Johnson shot and now he is going to be cheap!!! Man Woody is top 2 or 3 worse owners in the league. I think Dan Snyder is 1 by far but Woody sure is making a case for #2 which he is right now. LOL

7 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Taking football out of it and looking at it from a business negotiation….

1. Why would we completely show our hand and fly everyone out to California for a full court press of Rodgers without having a deal done first? That would be such a ridiculous business decision. Woody is a billionaire and JD has through decisions he’s made already in his tenure here allowed me to believe we are not that stupid.

2. If we agreed to a deal with GB and now they are trying to renegotiate that would look awful on their FO and would negatively impact them throughout the league for years to come. You just don’t do that. Makes zero sense. Especially when in this case they NEED to trade AR or have him retire for them to respectfully embrace the Jordan Love era.

I think (in my humble opinion not spitting facts) that a deal is done with GB. I think a deal is done financially with AR. I just think we are waiting on him now. There’s no way you speak Monday to AR after given permission from GB and then on Friday you’re still tweaking the offers.  

Oh and because of the non news as we wait for a decision. We are hearing so many conflicting rumours from ‘insiders’ as they need sales/clicks etc so simply saying AR is having a good deliberation doesn’t move the needle for them. 

Well there's conflicting reports going on right now.

Fowler is saying money is the hold up. While Pelissero is saying the compensation is done. It's just waiting on Rodgers.

So it depends on who you trust more, Pelissero or Fowler. I think we hear something today. Russini might talk some this morning regarding it. So we will see what she has to say. 

That's given Rodgers 2 months to think about retirement and now a few days to think over our pitch. I think he knows already... is just waiting for when he thinks is the ideal time. And today or tomorrow is likely that for him. He is fully aware that legal tampering starts Monday afternoon. And obviously wants the Jets to have the best roster they could around him. Now I will say if a deal isn't done by the end of the day tomorrow... I think he's leaning more toward retirement. Bc I do think the longer he waits the more he wants to screw over GB in not knowing their cap and QB situation fully.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well there's conflicting reports going on right now.

Fowler is saying money is the hold up. While Pelissero is saying the compensation is done. It's just waiting on Rodgers.

So it depends on who you trust more, Pelissero or Fowler. I think we hear something today. Russini might talk some this morning regarding it. So we will see what she has to say. 

That's given Rodgers 2 months to think about retirement and now a few days to think over our pitch. I think he knows already... is just waiting for when he thinks is the ideal time. And today or tomorrow is likely that for him. He is fully aware that legal tampering starts Monday afternoon. And obviously wants the Jets to have the best roster they could around him. Now I will say if a deal isn't done by the end of the day tomorrow... I think he's leaning more toward retirement. Bc I do think the longer he waits the more he wants to screw over GB in not knowing their cap and QB situation fully.

I mean in this case I will always trust the Italian (doesn’t hurt that he says it’s more in our favour) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Finding it hilarious that the GB fans think that a "middle ground" is them getting 13 and a conditional mid rounder next year that can even go as high as a 1st or 2nd next year.

Come down to earth.

I’m not a gloating type of person whatsoever but my god I would love to see their reaction if the trade is heavily in our favour. 

The packer fans who have been adamant it’s 2x1sts and the fact we should be grateful at that is madness. They say Rodgers won’t agree to a trade unless it’s a haul as his ego couldn’t handle it.

I mean if that’s right and he would impact the quality of the team moving forward because of his ego then I’d of hoped we wouldn’t have wanted him to begin with. 

• Like 1

To all those complaining about the holdup over money, it is called negotiating.  Would you buy a house and pay full price without trying to negotiate?  In the end, the Jets will either come to an agreement they are comfortable with or not.  You do not accept a deal you are not comfortable with.

Obviously, Rodgers is the first domino that has to fall for the Jets. He changes everything for the Jets free agency. AR opens the door for all the vets chasing rings.

Example: How many years have we heard Odell Beckham wants to play for Green Bay with Rodgers. Could you imagine AR throwing to GW and OBJ?!? He’d come cheap on a one year prove it deal coming off the ACL.