2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Didn’t the Packers LOSE leverage here? He said he wants to play for the Jets and isn’t coming back if they don’t get the trade comp they want 

He definitely put some pressure on the Packers, but the media/fans will also look at the Jets like " Do what ever it takes!" 

Edited by rickyt31

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Didn’t the Packers LOSE leverage here? He said he wants to play for the Jets and isn’t coming back if they don’t get the trade comp they want 

Not sure, they’ve already known this and nothing has happened. I think their dead cap is the same whether he’s traded or retired so for them it’s give me what I want or he can retire. But would they do that is the question. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Not sure, they’ve already known this and nothing has happened. I think their dead cap is the same whether he’s traded or retired so for them it’s give me what I want or he can retire. But would they do that is the question. 

Well now that Rodgers went public the pressure is on. Packers fans seem to be concerned about the image of “pushing him out” so I highly doubt they would cut off their nose to spite their face here

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Well now that Rodgers went public the pressure is on. Packers fans seem to be concerned about the image of “pushing him out” so I highly doubt they would cut off their nose to spite their face here

He’s not playing for them either way. I guess it depends on what Douglas offer is. If it was a 2 + whatever then it’s like why are they looking for more but if Douglas is low balling then I get it.

19 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

After listening to this, this is likely a one year thing

That's what I've said all along. He may give it another go if he gets injured early in the year, but comes back and plays well. However, if they get to the divisional or championship rounds, it will likely be his last game.