2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wilson should go into Nomad mode this off-season. Come back with long hair, a beard and a death stare in his eyes. 

Ya his best bet is to just go to work HARD. If he goes back to the same training and staff he has worked with. That’s when we should be even more worried

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:04 PM, BayRaider said:

Long overdue. Carr is not a good QB and has been overrated by certain Raider fans for a long time. 

- Terrible under pressure, complete panic, 

- His deep ball is atrocious and he hates throwing deep

- Cannot throw with anticipation at all, what so ever. To be a franchise QB, you need to throw with anticipation like Burrow, Tua, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Watson, etc. This has always been Carr’s biggest flaw for me, and it’s why Top defenses destroy him. 

- Not a great mental processor. If his assessment of the defense is wrong once he snaps the ball, and his first read isn’t open, he panics. 

- Gives up on 3rd down like it’s a 1st or 2nd down. 

- Below average pocket presence

- One of the worst play extenders in the league

He does have pros though:

- Accuracy and Arm Strength short and intermediate is very very good

- He is very good pre snap at reading defense and making audibles and adjustments

Overall, I would say Carr is a below average starting QB in the NFL in the  18-21 range. He has always been overrated when he goes on his 4 game hot streaks once a year. 

Colts will likely make yet another mistake at QB as they always do. 

I’m glad Carr will finally be gone. He has been holding this team back for so so long. All 31 other NFL Franchises would have got rid of Carr a long LONG time ago. Mark Davis keeps hiring coaches that say they will keep Carr and build around Carr. Davis has always had a hard-on for Carr. The only time a coach has ever held Carr accountable for his play was Del Rio in 2017 and Davis canned him. Davis has protecting Carr for soooooo long. No more. He’s finished. We might be worse the first season without, and Carr’s team will probably have more success than the Raiders the first year, but the Raiders will be more successful long term. 

One thing left out in that is Carr may be the worst cold weather QB in the league. Filter his stats from Late November to January... he probably has a 70's career QB rating with barely more TD's than INT's. It's pretty gross. New York is like the worst destination for him. New Orleans is probably his #1 target because of the dome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m okay with that honestly.

I’m more concerned with the OC hire, that’s way more important for the entire functionality of the offense.

I want an OC who pushes the pace and can give the offense the ability to strike quickly when needed.  Imagine with this defense and run game if we can score points in 3 plays or have big passing plays.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I want an OC who pushes the pace and can give the offense the ability to strike quickly when needed.  Imagine with this defense and run game if we can score points in 3 plays or have big passing plays.

That's another thing we didn't enough of, we had no tempo. We were slow to the huddle, slow to the line, constantly snapping as the playclock hit 0. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

One thing left out in that is Carr may be the worst cold weather QB in the league. Filter his stats from Late November to January... he probably has a 70's career QB rating with barely more TD's than INT's. It's pretty gross. New York is like the worst destination for him. New Orleans is probably his #1 target because of the dome.

Thanks for the insight, we obviously don't much as we've all probably only watched him the times we played you guys or whenever yall were on primetime. Glad to hear something from someone who's seen him for the past 9 years. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

We haven’t had a QB that could play in freezing, cold, warm, hot, done, etc. So we’ll take anything. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

We should trade for Jordon Love

I couldn’t be more against an unproven guy. If we go that route I want Anthony Richardson. 

If we are trading for a vet then it’s got to be a Rodgers or someone like that who we KNOW can do it. Jordan Love has not done anything to show we’d be set at QB. 

Separate note….How would you all feel if we brought back Mike White as the starter?

8 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I couldn’t be more against an unproven guy. If we go that route I want Anthony Richardson. 

If we are trading for a vet then it’s got to be a Rodgers or someone like that who we KNOW can do it. Jordan Love has not done anything to show we’d be set at QB. 

Separate note….How would you all feel if we brought back Mike White as the starter?

Welcome to the team Jacoby Brissett