2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

What is the reason why so many want Joe Brady? Carolina fans wanted him fired. His time as a OC produced bad offenses, so just curious. 

Well I think he was young and took time to adjust to the NFL on a bigger scale. He’s young remember. But when he has talent around him. He can produce a scary offense. He also got to pick apart Allen’s brain this year and work with one of the best. I think to have him for an OC for a couple years before he might inevitably be a HC. Can really do wonders for this offense. I’m sure we’re a hard sell though right now to OCs with no guarantees at QB. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in these OC interviews and see what the FO is saying what they’re totally a go for QB wise.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well I think he was young and took time to adjust to the NFL on a bigger scale. He’s young remember. But when he has talent around him. He can produce a scary offense. He also got to pick apart Allen’s brain this year and work with one of the best. I think to have him for an OC for a couple years before he might inevitably be a HC. Can really do wonders for this offense. I’m sure we’re a hard sell though right now to OCs with no guarantees at QB. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in these OC interviews and see what the FO is saying what they’re totally a go for QB wise.

I mean, having Josh Allen anyone can look good. A lot of his best plays are just backyard football and use of his physical talent. He is a rare QB who we definitely won't find.  

In college Brady just happened to be on a team with Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase, and Justin Jefferson.   Maybe he is good or not, but this hire is going to be a crap shoot regardless. I just hope Saleh hires the best person, not just a buddy. 

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I mean, having Josh Allen anyone can look good. A lot of his best plays are just backyard football and use of his physical talent. He is a rare QB who we definitely won't find.  

In college Brady just happened to be on a team with Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase, and Justin Jefferson.   Maybe he is good or not, but this hire is going to be a crap shoot regardless. I just hope Saleh hires the best person, not just a buddy. 

He has Carr, Hall, GW, Moore, Conklin, Uzo and an OL…. He can have fun like he did at LSU. I’m still very interested what we do for our other outside WR. I think we cut Davis and Moore. So do we go the rookie route with a crazy young talented WR group or do we go after a guy like Lazard or Chark

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He has Carr, Hall, GW, Moore, Conklin, Uzo and an OL…. He can have fun like he did at LSU. I’m still very interested what we do for our other outside WR. I think we cut Davis and Moore. So do we go the rookie route with a crazy young talented WR group or do we go after a guy like Lazard or Chark

You mean trade Elijah Moore? 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

The way Brady calls a game I don’t think Carr fits honestly. Reading what Raiders fans have said his best fit a traditional west coast system. 

I guess we’ll see who the OC is first and then knowing what to do at QB makes the most sense.

12 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The way Brady calls a game I don’t think Carr fits honestly. Reading what Raiders fans have said his best fit a traditional west coast system. 

I guess we’ll see who the OC is first and then knowing what to do at QB makes the most sense.

I see Carr fitting most systems. Crazy to think he’s never been part of a team that wasn’t in the bottom 10 defensively and never really had a great WR until this last year. Yet still produces good season’s statistical.

I don’t pay attention to the Raiders fan base when judging him. I said it before as a comparison. They’re frustrated with him. But the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. I say this in regards to us with CJ. Most this fan base is done with him and his salary. But good luck finding someone close to as good as him elsewhere.

• Like 1

The only QB  i want is Arron Rodgers, Jimmy G & Carr, are going to be too expensive, we need those high draft picks in 2023 to build our O line. And I am not interested in any of those other Jive Turkeys at QB. Rodgers, would be a great\\ for our young stars.

Edited by doumeyer

13 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The only QB  i want is Arron Rodgers, Jimmy G & Carr, are going to be too expensive, we need those high draft picks in 2023 to build our O line. And I am not interested in any of those other Jive Turkeys at QB. Rodgers, would be a great fit for our young stars.

38 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The only QB  i want is Arron Rodgers, Jimmy G & Carr, are going to be too expensive, we need those high draft picks in 2023 to build our O line. And I am not interested in any of those other Jive Turkeys at QB. Rodgers, would be a great\\ for our young stars.

Of the three guys you just named, Rodgers will cost the most financially and will require the highest compensation.

Jimmy is a FA, so he requires no picks and will have the cheapest contract 

38 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Of the three guys you just named, Rodgers will cost the most financially and will require the highest compensation.

Jimmy is a FA, so he requires no picks and will have the cheapest contract 

THE PROBLEM  IS ABE WITH THE TALENT WE NOW HAVE at WR WE CAN'T AFFORD TO GO CHEAP. You take Jmmy G away from the 49ers offensive and you got a average player. Sure Jimmy G  is better than anybody we have on the team now but is he good enough to take us deep into the playoffs?

Edited by doumeyer

Between Carr, Jimmy G, and Rodgers and lets throw Brady into the mix. Rodgers and Brady really don't give a hoot who the OC is. They are going to run the O and the OC will adjust to how they game plan.

As for Carr and Jimmy G, having an OC they are comfortable with becomes an issue and could result in their making the jump to the Jets or not.

So our search for an OC who Carr or Jimmy G is comfortable with would be the catalyst to they're wanting to come to N.Y. outside of the money.

N.Y. is a very desirable team to play for going forward, they have a defense which should be better year 2, the OL is going to be better as the Jets add another OL from the draft and the O is better with Wilson and B.Hall. 

Joe D I think makes a few trades this off season with either picks for this year or next. 

I can also see the Jets resigning or adjusting Davis contract and adding a playmaking RB to the mix. The Jets running game outside of Hall is weak and old. 

So OL, RB, WR, LB, S, I can see in the upcoming draft.

But QB we will not see until we see the OC and who they bring along as QBC and OLC. 

Then they will have the pieces in place to entice a QB to come to the Jets.