2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

I think the coaching from Shanahan with QBs is on another level. That’s for starters. But they also have weapons and protection galore for whoever is at QB. A top WR and a top #2 WR next to him. A top 3 TE. When he’s healthy (like he’s been for them) a top 5 RB and a great OL.

16 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Brock Purdy is full of it.  He is basically nobody but yet 49ers are still knocking.   Why don't we find someone odd for a change.

We thought we did with Mike White and then Matt Milano broke his ribs and Mikey turned back into a pumpkin. 

No matter what we do to improve the QB, Carr, Rodgers Jimmy G or whomever coupled with Zach, they absolutely should be drafting a QB with upside that needs more coaching and development at some point in this draft. Im thinking late day 2 if its good value or early day 3. Honestly we should be looking to do this until we think we have something. Hopefully its just not another James Morgan who was an absolutely HORRENDOUS pick, especially for the round he was selected. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

We thought we did with Mike White and then Matt Milano broke his ribs and Mikey turned back into a pumpkin. 

No matter what we do to improve the QB, Carr, Rodgers Jimmy G or whomever coupled with Zach, they absolutely should be drafting a QB with upside that needs more coaching and development at some point in this draft. Im thinking late day 2 if its good value or early day 3. Honestly we should be looking to do this until we think we have something. Hopefully its just not another James Morgan who was an absolutely HORRENDOUS pick, especially for the round he was selected. 

I think we need to get a proven guy. So go get that guy and draft guys in the mid rounds to groom until you find one that we think has it. Where a player is drafted at QB makes a difference. Because if Wilson wasn’t the 2nd pick. He’d be cut by now. But we can’t just cut him. 

We need Saleh to establish a overall identity and system on both sides of the ball that we can run even if our next OC moves on. 

Most of the teams and HC's we talk about the most have that locked down. We have a clear understanding of the system/identity of Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New England, San Fran, Seattle, Chiefs, Green Bay, and others. Part of this is having a great HC and/or owners that know what they're looking for. It doesn't matter how many coordinators come in and out, the identity stays the same and they find coaches who can run it instead of adapting to who they can hire every year. 

When the HC can't do that, they fall apart as soon as the coordinator leaves. Watched it happen to coaches like Dan Quinn here in Atlanta. So who we hire as the next OC is important, but I think it's more important for Saleh beyond the next two seasons to really own it. 

Just my two cents as a GB fan on this Rodgers thing. I totally get the reservations on the uncertainty if he'll play after next season, cap space concerns, draft compensation possibly being too costly for comfort, etc. For those reasons there is a good argument he is not worth trading for. But fwiw, the one thing I would not be concerned with is the suggestion that he has diminished dramatically from 2 seasons ago when he last won the MVP. If the Packers had a better surrounding cast (old roster--they honestly need a rebuild), I'd be cryin if he left Green Bay. But they don't. The Jets have a better supporting cast. Again, just my two cents in my bias as a GB fan and Rodgers fan. I'd love to see him get a legit shot at another ring with a team like the Jets that is better-stacked to do so. 

Whatever the case, good luck to your Jets next season!!!

Edited by DWhitehurst

So apparently trading Rodgers isn’t a post June 1st thing. Actually it benefits GB to trade him before then.
Maybe we could swing a deal that’s our 2023 2nd and 2024 2nd that becomes a 1st if he plays for us next season snd doesn’t retire.

So that’s be the 44th pick this year and what hopefully would be a late 1st next year for him. Maybe throw a 3rd or 4th in there to sweeten it.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

So apparently trading Rodgers isn’t a post June 1st thing. Actually it benefits GB to trade him before then.
Maybe we could swing a deal that’s our 2023 2nd and 2024 2nd that becomes a 1st if he plays for us next season snd doesn’t retire.

So that’s be the 44th pick this year and what hopefully would be a late 1st next year for him. Maybe throw a 3rd or 4th in there to sweeten it.

I was listen to sports radio yeaterday and they said the samething. Aaron Rodgers is going to get moved before June 1. If GB moves him before June 1 they will have like 40 mill dead cap next year and that is it. If they move hi after it is like 40 mill this year and 30 mill next. 

I also love Rex Ryan. He said you do what ever it takes to get Rodgers in new york. He was telling jet fans do what every you can to bring him in. If you get him you are going to the Championship. I'm with Rex. Plus I love Rex. I wish he was still part of the jets. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We need to bring him in. His money isn’t anything we first thought and he could be the perfect mentor for Zach.

I know you don’t think he’s salvageable and you very well might be right but at least we’d do everything to give him the chance to succeed in a couple of years when Rodgers would then retire. If not we groom another young qb 

33 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I was listen to sports radio yeaterday and they said the samething. Aaron Rodgers is going to get moved before June 1. If GB moves him before June 1 they will have like 40 mill dead cap next year and that is it. If they move hi after it is like 40 mill this year and 30 mill next. 

I also love Rex Ryan. He said you do what ever it takes to get Rodgers in new york. He was telling jet fans do what every you can to bring him in. If you get him you are going to the Championship. I'm with Rex. Plus I love Rex. I wish he was still part of the jets. 

Rex with this defense would be unbelievable. 

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Wasn’t Ulbreich with this defense unbelievable? Imagine how much better they’d be if they had an offense to keep them off the field.

Absolutely not. We banged about a few backup qbs but in games against starters we weren’t as dominant. Ulbrich needs to start attacking more and we’d see this group be even better 

52 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Absolutely not. We banged about a few backup qbs but in games against starters we weren’t as dominant. Ulbrich needs to start attacking more and we’d see this group be even better 

I’d like to see us sending more pressure as well. But he was probably hesitant there with how bad our S play was.