2023 Green Bay Packers Make Over - You play GM

Old Guy

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

IF GB has 3rd and less than 3 yards to go, how confident are you in them running the ball and picking up the first down?

We were 18th in the league in Football Outsiders Power Run Rankings with a 66% conversion rate on 3rd/4th and 1. 

We were 2nd in the league in Adjusted Offensive Line yards. 

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

IF GB has 3rd and less than 3 yards to go, how confident are you in them running the ball and picking up the first down?

That's your definition of soft ?  It's not a signature trait of theirs by any means, but their third down efficiency this year (a bad year by their standards) is neither great or terrible, its a very middle of the road (17th). It was about 8th in 2021, and 4th in 2020.

It isn't easy or common, for a team to be upper tier at both passing and running. Since the Packers have Rodgers as their QB they passed more, I don't think that makes them soft.

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

That's your definition of soft ?

I didn't say that was my definition of soft.  I'm trying to get a sense of your confidence in GB converting 3rd and short by running the ball.  

It's not a signature trait of theirs by any means, but their third down efficiency this year (a bad year by their standards) is neither great or terrible, its a very middle of the road (17th). It was about 8th in 2021, and 4th in 2020.

Not talking about 3rd down efficiency.  3rd and short and running to convert the first down

It isn't easy or common, for a team to be upper tier at both passing and running. Since the Packers have Rodgers as their QB they passed more, I don't think that makes them soft.

Not asking about run/ pass ratio.

I guess this question was too complex 

16 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

McVay has released the hold on all of his assistants while he deliberates his future, which is telling in and of itself for him.  I'd poach Raheem Morris to our defense.  

I think he's interviewing for HC positions. 

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

I didn't say that was my definition of soft.  I'm trying to get a sense of your confidence in GB converting 3rd and short by running the ball.  

Not talking about 3rd down efficiency.  3rd and short and running to convert the first down

Not asking about run/ pass ratio.

I guess this question was too complex 

No it's not that, it's that calling a team 'soft' is too vague a term. I talked about various partially related things because 'soft' is a rather meaningless term, in itself.

Really, it's a cipher for the real reasons a team might have problems, reasons that are far more varied and complex than just saying 'soft'. I'm not saying there weren't problems with the team, just pointing out that soft is a poor (and lazy) way to describe those problems.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive