2023 Green Bay Packers Make Over - You play GM

Old Guy

17 hours ago, vike daddy said:

no rudeness meant, man, no need for you to take it that way.

no insults thrown. no accusations made.

my point remains that trading Rodgers and his large contract, with his declining ability and attitudes, is not a slam dunk.

There's always a team with an owner who wants to make a "fan splash".  Jets, Raiders, who else is a guess but there would be more than 1 team looking for Rodgers as their qb and pay a price for him.  Book it if the Packers want to trade him and he agrees.

6 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Reading a comment that calls this team soft usually triggers me, as it has here. My thoughts are that when a team is called soft, it's always a lazy take that fails to address any of the problems on that team......and what is more, a team that is very successful is never called soft. When the Packers had three 13 win seasons, was anyone in the media calling them soft ?

Yes? During our 3 year run where we finished with 13 wins each season, we were knocked out by the Niners, Bucs, Niners again. After each defeat, the common sentiment was the same. We got got punched in the mouth and bullied in the trenches and had no answer for it. We're soft in our play style and soft in our mentality. If the same issues persist with Lafleur next year, I wouldn't mind taking a long hard look at Harbaugh. 

Edited by Mdpackfan22

My SWAG at what we do this offseason. There is very little scientific in it and more a wild @ssed guess.

Roster deletions: Rodgers, Bak, Jones, Smith, Amos, Reed, Crosby, Cobb, Lowry, Lewis, Tonyan

-          I think Rodgers is retiring so no compensation. If not, he goes to the Raiders for as much as we can get.

-          Bak – Post June 1st trade for whatever we can get.

-          Jones – trade and I don’t know his value but anything close to what McCaffrey got would be more than I think we can get. I love Jones but this is a rebuild and he’s an asset to help that process.

-          The rest, except Preston Smith, have expiring contracts and are not re-signed.

-          Preston Smith is traded for whatever you can get after June 1st for a pick in 2024.

Try and bring back:

-          Lazard, Nixon and Hollins if we can.

-          Was hoping we could throw a 2nd round tender on Nijman, but his play down the stretch may mean we have to pay him with the right of first refusal tender.

-          One thing I hope the Packers are monitoring is Adam Anderson's trial in Georgia. If he walks, we have three of his teammates and the kid can rush the passer. I know folks will cringe about this idea, but it really depends on what comes out at trial. Kid might actually be innocent. 

Coaching changes:

-          LOL! I was hoping Barry would be gone by now…… so I don’t see any unless we bring Hackett back. Which is not necessarily a good addition.

Draft:

-          I’d like to score 2 of these three somehow. If we scored decent draft capital from Bak and Jones, it is more than possible.

-          Isaiah Foskey, EDGE ND. Should be available at 15 as of the process now.

-          Siaka Ika, NT Baylor. We won’t be soft anymore. Dude fills the middle of the field and has some rush ability.

-          Jalin Wyatt, WR Tenn. Allegedly runs a 4.29 WR. Probably a slot guy but with Doubs and Watson outside and this kid in the slot, Love would be licking his chops.

Summary: 2023 is going to be a rebuilding year to include cleaning up our cap mess going forward. It will give Jordan Love a chance learn and grow without the expectation of a playoff season, year one.

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed. Except there's probably a couple situations I could see him being open to.

I could see San Fran. Denver would have been awesome last year. I'm not sure about Vegas though tbh. I don't think he'd mix too well with McDaniels. 

4 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Yes? During our 3 year run where we finished with 13 wins each season, we were knocked out by the Niners, Bucs, Niners again. After each defeat, the common sentiment was the same. We got got punched in the mouth and bullied in the trenches and had no answer for it. We're soft in our play style and soft in our mentality. If the same issues persist with Lafleur next year, I wouldn't mind taking a long hard look at Harbaugh. 

See what you said there, "After each defeat". These criticisms only seem to apply when the Packers lose a game (and over those three years they didn't lose many). How does a 'soft' team get 13 wins anyway ?

I maintain calling a team soft is what I'd call a 'placeholder' complaint. One that is convenient, while being hard to disprove as it involves no hard data. I think the reason they lost games (and all teams do) is far, far more complicated than a blase "they played soft" statement, that actually tells us nothing, because it is based on nothing.

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

See what you said there, "After each defeat". These criticisms only seem to apply when the Packers lose a game (and over those three years they didn't lose many). How does a 'soft' team get 13 wins anyway ?

I maintain calling a team soft is what I'd call a 'placeholder' complaint. One that is convenient, while being hard to disprove as it involves no hard data. I think the reason they lost games (and all teams do) is far, far more complicated than a blase "they played soft" statement, that actually tells us nothing, because it is based on nothing.

IF GB has 3rd and less than 3 yards to go, how confident are you in them running the ball and picking up the first down?