Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

I was watching a Deestroying video for whatever reason and he brought on a coach that said he despises the phrase “practice makes perfect” because practicing the wrong thing or the wrong way won’t ever make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Find me a casual golfer that hit a hole in one and isn’t bursting at the seam to tell people about it any chance they get 

I'm over the moon if I only take one putt when I'm on the green. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I was watching a Deestroying video for whatever reason and he brought on a coach that said he despises the phrase “practice makes perfect” because practicing the wrong thing or the wrong way won’t ever make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. 

Yes.  Lots of reps without correction or proper teaching or done right are just lots of reps. 

That was my big problem with Nagy’s practices.  He did exactly that.  Just lots of meaningless reps.

Why his execution was so poor.  

• Like 1

I would love for the bears to be featured on Hard Knocks. Someone on Reddit said it’s a shame that GSH pushed so hard for football to be bigger and George McCaskey wants to just hide in the shadows and be mediocre. I think this would be a fascinating year for it. We’re trending upwards, are the most talked about team this off-season, and have a ton of intrigue surrounding several players and even the front office. I think this would be the best team to examine since maybe 2013 or 14 as the super offense was starting to implode with all the chaotic personalities. 

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I would love for the bears to be featured on Hard Knocks. Someone on Reddit said it’s a shame that GSH pushed so hard for football to be bigger and George McCaskey wants to just hide in the shadows and be mediocre. I think this would be a fascinating year for it. We’re trending upwards, are the most talked about team this off-season, and have a ton of intrigue surrounding several players and even the front office. I think this would be the best team to examine since maybe 2013 or 14 as the super offense was starting to implode with all the chaotic personalities. 

I agree. To me it’s entirely about George not wanting to put the family on display. They (not him necessarily, but certainly Virginia and some of the others) seem to value their privacy way more than most, especially with Virginia’s health struggles. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I agree. To me it’s entirely about George not wanting to put the family on display. They (not him necessarily, but certainly Virginia and some of the others) seem to value their privacy way more than most, especially with Virginia’s health struggles. 

They’re certainly more relevant than the Lions’ ownership but I don’t recall even seeing the Lions owner on last season of hard knocks. I think hard knocks could easily happen without alienating their privacy 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

They’re certainly more relevant than the Lions’ ownership but I don’t recall even seeing the Lions owner on last season of hard knocks. I think hard knocks could easily happen without alienating their privacy 

I'll be honest I don't think it's much to do with the ownership itself...more like what we are currently doing and letting people see what we have had in the past and still go...listen to any former player or reporter talk about Halas Hall before the latest upgrades and it is clear we spent a long time living in the past...we are only getting our 2nd heated practice field this offseason...I would guess there are parts of Solider Field that are in a decaying state and even if there isn't compare what we have to a team like LA or Vegas and it doesn't paint anyone in a good light...fair play to Ryan Pace as he seemed like the driving force to modernize originally and I have no doubt Poles & Warren will continue that push...maybe after the new stadium is done we could see a change of heart...just the 6-7 years to wait hahaha.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Lot of improvement over the last 4 days, still a good ways to go but very blessed with how much better she has improved. Should be home in the next week or two. 

Wonderful to hear.  Love how you are staying positive in a very tough situation.  Will keep praying. 

Heard an old wise visiting pastor recently at our church, he was just coming off cancer and a terrible car accident involving his daughter he said; “Everyone is either coming out of a trial, in a trial or on their way to one.”

He did a whole series on trials. 

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Wonderful to hear.  Love how you are staying positive in a very tough situation.  Will keep praying. 

Heard an old wise visiting pastor recently at our church, he was just coming off cancer and a terrible car accident involving his daughter he said; “Everyone is either coming out of a trial, in a trial or on their way to one.”

He did a whole series on trials. 

Is his next one going to cover tribulations?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

When is your surgery?

I’m officially on the transplant list as of Thursday. Surgery isn’t til organs come available. It’s been said it could be a day after getting on the list, it could be a year after. I personally hope it isn’t until a week after the draft lol

• Like 2