Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

3 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

This might sound crazy.

The Bears should trade the 9th pick for the Commanders' 16th pick and DE Montez Sweat.  This should help both teams.

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't do this on our end...not sure the Commanders would.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

This might sound crazy.

The Bears should trade the 9th pick for the Commanders' 16th pick and DE Montez Sweat.  This should help both teams.

Unless the Commanders fall in love with Levis and he's there at 9, they'd never make this trade. The Bears would probably have to include a 3rd or 4th rounder too

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Been offline for a bit. If you're the praying type then please say one for my wife. I won't go into details but she's an inpatient at a hospital right now. Her life isn't at risk but she's struggling a lot. 

Prayers going up bro, whatever it is. I pray for a speedy recovery and a return to normalcy for you and your family.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2023 at 6:20 PM, Sugashane said:

Been offline for a bit. If you're the praying type then please say one for my wife. I won't go into details but she's an inpatient at a hospital right now. Her life isn't at risk but she's struggling a lot. 

Much love suga ❤️

• Like 1

If you enjoy the Hoge and Jahns podcast (I do) this weeks is very very good, as it's an interview with HC Eberflus. 

I've personally been more critical of this current Bears staff than others, but I have to say Eberflus is extremely impressive in conversation. There is ZERO delay for recall on questions he couldn't possibly be prepared for.  His level of detail is impressive. He also does a thing that my I do (wife actual finds it weird) where I can recall really really specific and accurate details from races we've done years ago. For him, a golf question comes up "have you ever hit a hole in one?" which had to be a pretty random question but with no pause he goes into when, where, how and adds a funny detail to it.  It's weird because I watched some press stuff from him before and after the hire and came away with a "eh, fine" impression but in this interview he seems laser focused, extremely impressive.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

For him, a golf question comes up "have you ever hit a hole in one?" which had to be a pretty random question but with no pause he goes into when, where, how and adds a funny detail to it.

Find me a casual golfer that hit a hole in one and isn’t bursting at the seam to tell people about it any chance they get 

On 3/27/2023 at 5:20 PM, Sugashane said:

Sorry I missed this.

100% you have my prayers.  Doing it now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Braxton Jones is a big man.  He is playing defender in this drill.  

Got to love seeing both these guys work with Olin...no position in the NFL IMO requires the toughness and grit of the OL and for all the opinions on Olin since he became a media figure no one could ever doubt that as a player...if he can install some of that mindset in these young guys that could be just as important as any technical tips he can give them.

Just now, dll2000 said:

Braxton Jones is a big man.  He is playing defender in this drill.  

@SugashaneCoaching tip I learned a long time ago.  And it works really well. 

Look at freeze frame at end of video.   See where Carter's hands are?

That spot is where edge or sometimes bottom of shoulder pads are.   Coach your kids to rotate their hands inward a little and dig their fingers into that spot between body and pads and lift and push up and out.  It will look like a double under hook with your hands at end with thumbs facing out.  

It makes shoulder pads into a lever - great leverage.  Defender is going nowhere as you are locked on.  Even better a lot of kids will wear those pads loose and pads get lifted right into their throat and forces them backwards to escape the choke.   It is involuntary reaction.   Get a lot of pancakes that way.

So it is a hard strike with base of hand to that spot, keeping elbows tight and thumbs up and then rotate hands and dig in.  

• Like 1