WEEK 12 MNF IN BALTIMORE!

paraven

14 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

It's amazing Tom Savage was able to throw the ball better than flacco for most of the game... (aside from the INTs) 

If we do make the playoffs we're gonna get rolled on if we play a good offense.

Better time in the pocket and a better receiver. DeAndre Hopkins was a one man army.

I'd expect two losses against the Lions and Steelers, and then we are forced to win out. We will most likely be 8-7 and then facing the Bengals who will beat us.

13 minutes ago, Danand said:

Better time in the pocket and a better receiver. DeAndre Hopkins was a one man army.

I'd expect two losses against the Lions and Steelers, and then we are forced to win out. We will most likely be 8-7 and then facing the Bengals who will beat us.

Sad part is I fully expect this exact scenario to happen. I'm tired of us having our playoff aspirations crushed by division rivals. icon_lol.gif

The crowd was really really awful yesterday. Almost half the seats were empty and there was no noise. It was eerily quiet for much of the game, minus one little BS chant when the refs were giving us all the flags. 

I don't know if it's that people didn't think this would be a good games, whether it's been SOOO long since we had a home monday night game that people weren't ready, that the style of ball is boring, or what... If Ray Lewis was playing a home MNF would be as loud as it gets in football, but that seems gone. :(

27 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The crowd was really really awful yesterday. Almost half the seats were empty and there was no noise. It was eerily quiet for much of the game, minus one little BS chant when the refs were giving us all the flags. 

I don't know if it's that people didn't think this would be a good games, whether it's been SOOO long since we had a home monday night game that people weren't ready, that the style of ball is boring, or what... If Ray Lewis was playing a home MNF would be as loud as it gets in football, but that seems gone. :(

Just matching the team's performance.

47 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I know a lot of people are concerned about going into the city (which I think is stupid), but it might have played a factor.

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Why would people show up to watch this offense play? It's pathetic. 

I think it's funny how after every game Flacco blames the offensive scheme for not "letting loose", but his numbers are absolutely atrocious. In fact, he's setting new NFL records:

Furthermore:

Unfortunately for Flacco, that last tweet highlights just how bad HE is, not the scheme. Both are major problems, but I'm getting a little tired of Flacco, after every game where he clearly underperforms, blaming the offensive scheme and saying they need to "open it up" and "let things loose" and basically let him throw more, because we all know how well that's worked out this year for the team.

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Why would people show up to watch this offense play? It's pathetic. 

We are talking about the Baltimore Ravens. People showed up to watch great defenses carry terrible offenses for our entire history.

We had a great crowd in that 2007 MNF games when that struggling team almost beat the 07 Pats.

55 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Unfortunately for Flacco, that last tweet highlights just how bad HE is, not the scheme. Both are major problems, but I'm getting a little tired of Flacco, after every game where he clearly underperforms, blaming the offensive scheme and saying they need to "open it up" and "let things loose" and basically let him throw more, because we all know how well that's worked out this year for the team.

Yea, I agree with this. If we are playing conservative, running a lot, and not going downfield, then it should be easy to pull off 2-3 big PA fakes a game after all the setup. Hit those first and then ask for more attempts. 

From the post game comments, it sounds like they told Flacco to not do anything, don't take any chances, just don't turn the ball over and we'll win. We don't need you at all to win this game. And he's a little annoyed that it's the truth. 

29 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

We are talking about the Baltimore Ravens. People showed up to watch great defenses carry terrible offenses for our entire history.

We had a great crowd in that 2007 MNF games when that struggling team almost beat the 07 Pats.

Well you also have to consider that the Ravens were facing the undefeated Patriots, as opposed to the Tom Savage-led Texans.

26 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, I agree with this. If we are playing conservative, running a lot, and not going downfield, then it should be easy to pull off 2-3 big PA fakes a game after all the setup. Hit those first and then ask for more attempts. 

From the post game comments, it sounds like they told Flacco to not do anything, don't take any chances, just don't turn the ball over and we'll win. We don't need you at all to win this game. And he's a little annoyed that it's the truth. 

Yeah it's one thing if Flacco is actually hitting the downfield targets that he's getting - but he's not, and in fact he's been horrible throwing down the field this year, both in decision making and execution. So why would anyone, with that knowledge, want to do that more when we're already a struggling offense that turns the ball over too much? It just doesn't make sense. Flacco simply needs to be better if he wants to get more chances to throw down the field. 

10 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I think we need to throw down the middle of the field more, 10-20 yards ish.

Our deep throws are mainly to the sidelines. Then the rest of the throws are within 3 yards of the LOS.

Like those deep dig routes the Texans abused all night on us last night? I agree with that. But we also targeted Mike Wallace deep down the middle last night and Flacco missed him by 5 yards. I don't think it's a matter of throwing down the middle more, Flacco just needs to actually make the right reads and hit the throws when they're there.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

Like those deep dig routes the Texans abused all night on us last night? I agree with that. But we also targeted Mike Wallace deep down the middle last night and Flacco missed him by 5 yards. I don't think it's a matter of throwing down the middle more, Flacco just needs to actually make the right reads and hit the throws when they're there.

Yup exactly. We are the perfect storm, when Flacco actually delivers a good ball, the WR drops it. 

Archived