Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Finally have the time to start looking at where things went wrong with the APY value generator, for lack of a better term.

Is in the past I did past 3 years of stats and would take the highest value of those 3 seasons.  This year I just used this past season to generate the grades.  This and profootball focus has made it virtually impossible to collect bulk data, so it missed several names when I did the pull.

Guaranteed to have it figured out for next season.

Maybe timing is wrong.  TCMD could start too early as they didn't complete their works.

4 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Wasn't complaining lol.     I think it will be fun to watch the madness on how that unfolds,  and how many get multiple offers..  / people flipping to others cuz some have 4-5 offers.

No I know you weren't.  I just feel really bad about how those values turned out.  Typically, the system I used was pretty solid, but just didn't work out that way this year.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

No I know you weren't.  I just feel really bad about how those values turned out.  Typically, the system I used was pretty solid, but just didn't work out that way this year.

It's not the worse case scenario.    At least they are too high.    Let them drop throughout the rounds,  and teams can determine the value on when the APY is right.   

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd probably take a few guys over him but you also have to account for the fact that he's due for an extension. 

I'm not seeing a WR worth a top 5/10 pick.  Then next pick is later in 2nd.  

Surrounding Fields with more talent to help assess his ability as a long term starter going forward is a primary goal.  Pittman is better able to help that vs a rookie.

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Surrounding Fields with more talent to help assess his ability as a long term starter going forward is a primary goal.  Pittman is better able to help that vs a rookie.

It is more like you expect Fields to take a big step rather than explosive one like Tua had with Dolphins last year.

26 minutes ago, squire12 said:

#35 would've been a prime spot to potentially land someone like Zay Flowers who I'd take on a rookie deal over Pittman. Claypool is in the same ballpark as Pittman as a player, he didn't seem to help Fields at all. The Bears should've went after Tee Higgins or DHopkins. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

#35 would've been a prime spot to potentially land someone like Zay Flowers who I'd take on a rookie deal over Pittman. Claypool is in the same ballpark as Pittman as a player, he didn't seem to help Fields at all. The Bears should've went after Tee Higgins or DHopkins. 

Pittman is quite a few steps up from Claypool.    I like the deal in a nutshell for Chicago.   The most important thing for them is to figure out what they have in Fields,  and Pittman is a very nice security blanket at the very least.   Them all hitting FA the same year wouldn't be a big deal for me,    if they all hit..   that is a good thing for seeing what Fields can do..  If they don't,   well it's not an issue if they are leaving.      

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Pittman is quite a few steps up from Claypool.    I like the deal in a nutshell for Chicago.   The most important thing for them is to figure out what they have in Fields,  and Pittman is a very nice security blanket at the very least.   Them all hitting FA the same year wouldn't be a big deal for me,    if they all hit..   that is a good thing for seeing what Fields can do..  If they don't,   well it's not an issue if they are leaving.  

Meh, it just depends on what you value. Claypool has more big play ability, Pittman operates more in the short to intermediate areas. Claypool's production also doesn't tell the full story because he has had meh QB play and was also competing with a lot of solid guys for targets. 

I don't think it's that ideal to have your three top WR options all hitting the market at the same time.