Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Giants First Round

Well it wasn't the splash I was hoping for.  Feel good about getting some talent at center to help continue to build this offensive line for Jones.  

The cost was just too high for S. Barkley.  I created a contract for him and it left us with like 4 million so I just couldn't swing it and went Odell instead as receiver is another issue this season.  Got outbid.

Edmunds would have been a nice land for our defense, so that continues to be a point of focus in the early rounds of FA.

With APY values dropping will look to continue to retain players of value.  Was able to secure contracts for Julian Love whom I thought played really well at safety this past season.  Also resigned one of our better corners, in Fabian Moreau.

Still a long ways from having this list resemble a roster.

Cowboys feel good about your situation.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's taken some work but I think I've given JMD a roster he can win with, lol. Just have to hit on some value FAs and make the most of my draft capital but acquiring Jones, Payne, Adams, Murphy, Wynn, and Davis is definitely a great start to TCMD.

Not sure how anyone could complain turning #7 into a starting QB and pro bowl 25 year old DT coming off of a 11.5 sack season.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Not sure how anyone could complain turning #7 into a starting QB and pro bowl 25 year old DT coming off of a 11.5 sack season.

I'm usually not a proponent of trading away draft picks but as you said I was able to acquire a starting QB and a disruptive DT, probably our two biggest holes after the first wave of free agency. I need to find some value guys now though, I need depth in the front 7, at WR, and on the OL. 

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Giants First Round

Well it wasn't the splash I was hoping for.  Feel good about getting some talent at center to help continue to build this offensive line for Jones.  

The cost was just too high for S. Barkley.  I created a contract for him and it left us with like 4 million so I just couldn't swing it and went Odell instead as receiver is another issue this season.  Got outbid.

Edmunds would have been a nice land for our defense, so that continues to be a point of focus in the early rounds of FA.

With APY values dropping will look to continue to retain players of value.  Was able to secure contracts for Julian Love whom I thought played really well at safety this past season.  Also resigned one of our better corners, in Fabian Moreau.

Still a long ways from having this list resemble a roster.

Having to tag Daniel Jones while Saquan is also a free agent is probably the least ideal scenario you could've been in. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'm usually not a proponent of trading away draft picks but as you said I was able to acquire a starting QB and a disruptive DT, probably our two biggest holes after the first wave of free agency. I need to find some value guys now though, I need depth in the front 7, at WR, and on the OL. 

They’re also both really young.

For Washington, didn’t want to trade Payne but we already have Jon Allen under an expensive contract extension and we have Chase Young and Montez Sweat coming up for extensions. We also took Mathis in the 2nd round last year who theoretically should be able to take Paynes place in the lineup.  #14 will allow me to redistribute some of that cap toward another position on the roster.

• Like 1

I believe I got everything updated.

@NYRaider I have the extension sheet set up for you to extend Payne when you're ready.  Just post in the league office when its done.

If anyone else needing to extend a tagged player let me know and I'll get the extension sheet set up for it.  

Rough start but hopefully all the major issues are behind us.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

For Washington, didn’t want to trade Payne but we already have Jon Allen under an expensive contract extension and we have Chase Young and Montez Sweat coming up for extensions. We also took Mathis in the 2nd round last year who theoretically should be able to take Paynes place in the lineup.  #14 will allow me to redistribute some of that cap toward another position on the roster.

I know Payne is a solid player and perhaps I'm just cheap when it comes to giving up picks but 14th overall sounds like you got the better end of that deal.  That said, I've seen what a top notch IDL can do to your defense.  Dexter Lawrence has been nothing but a beast for us and I thought he was drafted too high, so what do I know...ha 

40 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm curious how the real team, and their fans view Chase Young at this point. Talented player no doubt. But he's been tough to rely on to this point. If he wants $22+ is he worth it?

Sidenote: I'm doing my RB scouting in the background on Youtube. Wish I could have all my dynasty drafts tomorrow. Because I've already spotted a couple big name guys who really shouldn't be. Have a feeling between combine and real life draft a lot of my competition will start getting wind.

@NYRaider

@RTTRUTH

@ovfd55

@downundermike

@Iggles25

@Humble_Beast

@Freebirdsrams

@BucsDraftGeek47

We missed you @BucsDraftGeek47 so hopefully you haven't left us.  If so please let @Deadpulse or myself know so we can find a replacement.  Thanks man.

As for the other new guys, let me know what you thought about the first round of bidding.  I know it's a lot to figure out and I appreciate your patience with it all, you guys have been awesome with this.  Think this is the first year we've had so many new GM's.

Any suggestions for improvements post them in the suggestions thread.

Thanks guys this mock couldn't happen without you guys.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

@NYRaider

@RTTRUTH

@ovfd55

@downundermike

@Iggles25

@Humble_Beast

@Freebirdsrams

@BucsDraftGeek47

We missed you @BucsDraftGeek47 so hopefully you haven't left us.  If so please let @Deadpulse or myself know so we can find a replacement.  Thanks man.

As for the other new guys, let me know what you thought about the first round of bidding.  I know it's a lot to figure out and I appreciate your patience with it all, you guys have been awesome with this.  Think this is the first year we've had so many new GM's.

Any suggestions for improvements post them in the suggestions thread.

Thanks guys this mock couldn't happen without you guys.

Thank you for hosting it, I'm down to participate any year going forward and would love to help you next year, I'm a spreadsheet wiz. 

Also quick question it says that I have $29.7M in space available before Payne's extension savings ($7M) or Jacobs franchise tag are accounted for, so when the dust settles I should still have like $25-27M?

• Like 2