Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

So months ago when I'm begging for help with the build I get nothing but instead we wait until it's actually taking place to "help".  I don't need that kind of help. 

From what I'm reading @MKnight82 you're upset about the extensions, APY values too high, restructure player limits.

If you want to help me out after this is over to work on getting all these things fixed to your liking, I'll stay after class with you.  What you're doing right now isn't helping me out at all. 

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

So months ago when I'm begging for help with the build I get nothing but instead we wait until it's actually taking place to "help".  I don't need that kind of help. 

From what I'm reading @MKnight82 you're upset about the extensions, APY values too high, restructure player limits.

If you want to help me out after this is over to work on getting all these things fixed to your liking, I'll stay after class with you.  What you're doing right now isn't helping me out at all. 

No I don't want to do that.  If you're just going to be condescending stop asking me to help you on this. 

To add, these are new workbooks.  They are going to have issues until I get the kinks worked out.  Easy fixes I'll do same day I find them, the tougher ones will have to wait.  At this point of the mock draft I'm a freaking bean counter, nothing more nothing less.  I've done the best I could to automate this so that I can manage it by myself.  

If you don't like it, don't want to be a part of it I'm not chaining you down.  All I ask is let me know if you're leaving so I can try to find a replacement.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

No I don't want to do that.  If you're just going to be condescending stop asking me to help you on this. 

condescending???  Come on, I'm the nicest guy you know...haha.

Coming at me like a bull in the china store.  There are other ways to get things done.  

@sparky151

The restructures show contracts with no base salary. Are those voidable years? They need to have at least vet minimum and already be in the player's current deal. So if 2023 is the last year of a player's current contract, they can't restructure but will have to be extended instead. 

Guess I don't see anything wrong with it.  A restructure is just pushing the current years base salary to the future years of the contract.  They haven't changed the length of the contract or it's voided structure.  Just added more dead money for when the contract is voided.  Not a good business practice but I don't see anything that would prevent it.

Player is getting paid more money at the time of the restructure in converted base salary to Signing Bonus.  So I don't see why he would be against it.  

I'd agree with you if we were talking about extensions.

Maybe I'm overlooking something.

Edited by ny92mike

11 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@squire12

Guess I don't see anything wrong with it.  A restructure is just pushing the current years base salary to the future years of the contract.  They haven't changed the length of the contract or it's voided structure.  Just added more dead money for when the contract is voided.  Not a good business practice but I don't see anything that would prevent it.

Player is getting paid more money at the time of the restructure in converted base salary to Signing Bonus.  So I don't see why he would be against it.  

Not him.   Sparky.

He referred to blank cell for base salary in new contract. It is blank because of empty C9.

Edited by JetsandI

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@squire12

Personally I think the way teams are using the voided years is damaging.  This didn't use to be a thing.

I'm not why I'm being tagged here

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@squire12

Correct

Correct on restructure.   Extensions without adding $$ for the player makes no sense from the players POV

Agreed

I'm not sure why I was tagged to start with

Just now, squire12 said:

I'm not why I'm being tagged here

Correct

Correct on restructure.   Extensions without adding $$ for the player makes no sense from the players POV

Agreed

I'm not sure why I was tagged to start with

because I'm an idiot, and tagged the wrong person.

• Like 1