Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I think I'll need to wait to see if the contract extension works because he might be the restructure if not. The Jaguars contracts are nightmarish lol.

If the extension exceeds the cap, I'm not too worried about that unless it's by 10 million.  That flag for "Contract Exceeds Available Cap" was meant to be a warning rather than a prohibitor.  If that makes sense.  

I don't mind if you guys go over the cap at this point as long as it isn't such a large number you can't recover from.  You just have to be in the green to bid on players in the UFA.

37 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I've had some tell me that they couldn't get a low base salary to work.  Trying to find a team and player so I can duplicate the issue.  I'm not seeing it with my team.

The contract extensions the second form is locked cell for base salary

"There was a problem

You are trying to edit a protected cell or object. Please contact the spreadsheet owner to remove protection if you need to edit."

21 minutes ago, Trojan said:

The contract extensions the second form is locked cell for base salary

"There was a problem

You are trying to edit a protected cell or object. Please contact the spreadsheet owner to remove protection if you need to edit."

fixed... you are talking about the base salary for second extension?  If so, should be good now.

I'm also making an adjustment to one of the formulas so that it will populate traded players in the extension and restructure sheets.  It's not the best formula so I'll try to come up with a better one because the extension sheets are only designed for players with 2 or less years on their contract, it doesn't really work for traded players.  Failed to plan for this one.  So the current fix is if they have more than 2 years you'll have to use the restructure sheet to reduce the large base salary.

About the best I can do with this issue until next year when I can work with the template.

Not my best work, but we'll get it figured out.

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I've had some tell me that they couldn't get a low base salary to work.  Trying to find a team and player so I can duplicate the issue.  I'm not seeing it with my team.

You could maybe look at Noah Fant on the Seahawks.

I was unable to go green while reducing his cap # for this year.

I dunno but maybe you could take a look.