Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

42 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

In addition to what RedGold said, you can adjust your reserve bid for next round as APY decreases if still available.

Once the next round of bids starts, If I have a reserve bid on a player, do the contract requirements update automatically, or do I have to reload the player and start again ??

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

It's not a bid,    but it's a baseline  that player knows when negotiating with other teams.   

The player can go negotiate with other teams,  but if they agree to a contract under what your reserve bid is.    They will end up signing with you (since your offer is higher).     If no one offers them a contract,  nothing happens.   The player moves to the next round of FA,  since the reserve is not an actual bid.   

So just to clarify, if you have a reserve bid, and the other offer is lower, they sign with you.  So in essence, it is the same as putting the offer in the UFA/Resign Contract Bidding tab.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Once the next round of bids starts, If I have a reserve bid on a player, do the contract requirements update automatically, or do I have to reload the player and start again ??

Your reserve bids will stay in the sheet, but there asking price will drop, so it is up to you to decide if you want to modify the reserve bid or not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Reserve bids stay locked in.     So if you have a Reserve Bid for a player.     And he goes unsigned in Round 1,       that data will stay in the sheet,   but if you want to make changes to it   you can.    

I.e.   Your contract will stay the same and it won't be deleted.     but you can go back in and make changes to the Reserve Contract every Round,      as long as he is still a FA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

So just to clarify, if you have a reserve bid, and the other offer is lower, they sign with you.  So in essence, it is the same as putting the offer in the UFA/Resign Contract Bidding tab.

Its similar but it won't trigger a bid so if no one bids on a player you have a reserve offer on he won't sign in that round. It will only trigger once someone bids or you decide to put a resign bid on him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yes.    It it possible to sign more than 5 guys in a Round,     with your Reserve bids.   

The only difference is;    Reserve bids are not activated unless another team offers a contract to that player.   You have 3 outcomes with Reserve bids;

1)  You put a reserve bid.   No other team offers him.      Nothing happens,  he moves to the next round.
2)  You put a reserve bid.   He gets offers.     Your offer is better,  so he signs with you.
3)  You put a reserve bid.   He gets offers.    Their offer is better,   he leaves to sign with the other team.

Edit:   Just for the future question.     You also get a 6% bump for Resigns/Reserves.   So if you have the same contract (vet min).   He will stay with you.

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 2

Just now, downundermike said:

Jumping in end of last week, a lot to learn.  Guess this will be my trial run for next year.

I'm usually around during the day time.   If you have questions,  or want some tips/help building the contracts.    Don't be afraid to shoot me a PM.