TMNT Mafia - Footclan and Friends wins

Slappy Mc

39 minutes ago, Blue said:

You specified if Ragnarok was the lynch, not if he died, but Slappy clearly took it to mean the latter. Otherwise, why would you change your target if your original target was still alive?

Well if someone is lynched and still alive, the chances of them being town are slim to none at that stage of the game and he and dome were my 1A and 1B

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Well if someone is lynched and still alive, the chances of them being town are slim to none at that stage of the game and he and dome were my 1A and 1B

Okay, that still doesn't mean you didn't want to investigate him to find out if Indy or Mafia.

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Which is why I made sure to clarify before I got my result 

The issue is that you clarified after night moves were locked (and likely processed). Can't blame him for interpreting the move the way he did.

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:
On 1/24/2023 at 8:38 PM, bcb1213 said:

Please note it says if rags is lynched. Dome 

On 1/24/2023 at 8:30 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Moves are locked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

But I did.  Doesn't matter now. Town won Yada yadda.  I'm on mafia hiatus for a while 

Here's my feelings. Take it for what its worth.

First, I apologize that you feel that I wronged you with the decision for your night results. There is a lot this game that didn't go as I had imagined. I hope you understand that I was not making a decision to slight you personally, and afterwards I even saw a little bit from the perspective that you were coming from.

Now, for the situation in its entirety. You submitted a move contingent on a player being lynched. That trigger never happened and you got the result you should have gotten.

In situations going forward I will suggest that hosts not allow contingent moves. I spoke at length with @TheKillerNacho about this and I completely understand why it has been allowed. Nacho does a fantastic job of being so descriptive in role PMs that there is very little wiggle room. Although, he will still tell you that there is no perfect scenario. To me, the perfect scenario is to have participants submit one move and get one result. Peoples lives get busy though I get that sometimes you can't get on. However in this particular situation, that was not the case. The player that submitted the move was not only on 15 minutes prior to night, he was the last vote on the player that was supposed to be the lynch. He SHOULD have resubmitted a move to investigate Dome instead of leaving a contingent move. Only after Ragnarok survived the lynch and declared in thread that he was the unkillable Casey Jones did this move become an issue.

Now the part that is bigger to me. I can understand frustration from not getting the result he wanted, but the intentionally sabotage of a huge part of the theme and thread play was a death blow to my morale hosting this game. Not only did you share your original role PM, but you shared Josh's role that was given to you as a result. That explained far more to the rest of the participants than they ever should have gotten. You don't want to play anymore, cool I can replace you. Don't ever sabotage someones game out of spite. What you did is unforgivable to me.

A message to both participants and hosts:
As a host, plan for things to deviate from your planned path. There is a very strong chance that no matter how much you tried, the balance will be off and players will complain. However, don't ever expect someone to respect you or your game enough to put your feelings or enjoyment into their play style. They don't care about your theme. They don't care about how long it took you to develop. They are playing to win and you have to expect them to game the system anyway that they can. Be direct in your decisions and don't back down or make concessions. Again, they don't care about your game in any context other than wins and losses.

As a player, be understanding and plan ahead. Put in a default move early, this eliminates the chance that you could have no move submitted. I know sometimes this still isn't possible, but most hosts will work with you. Asking questions is always the best route. Don't assume you know something if it is unclear. It's very likely that something you interpreted was intended to be different in someone else's perspective, especially a host that has the "grand plan". Also roll with things. Undoubtedly something will happen that you disagree with or thing should have happened differently. At the end of the day, the host is the narrator and director of the game and will cast the judgement that they feel is fair. No host is ever out to get you. Why on earth would anyone spend time they can never get back to sabotage their own game? This community is well versed enough and has so many great hosts that use each other as resources for any game related issues.

With all of that said, I have enjoyed playing and hosting mafia games with you all and I officially retire from mafia.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I would have interpreted bcbs request to invest dome in this case

And then i would have agonized over it wondering if thats really what he wanted to do

Point is: ambiguous stuff is stressful for hosts and they try to do the right thing, so please cut slack

I see i was too late for a potential voice of reason for both sides