Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Where did I say his job was in jeopardy? Saying he needs to figure out the QB position is a fair criticism. Part of figuring that out is finding someone who can stay healthy. 

He's been trying to get rid of Garapollo for years. You'd have thought Treys body type would hold up better (yes, I'd agree playcalling had something to do with his injury but the way he was hurt was freaky). You can't really say anything about Purdys injury susceptibility at this point I don't think.

My point is he's been trying to figure it out.

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

There have been a few who question how we fit him under our salary cap. But perhaps there is a way.

Not hard if they are adding void years which they do for everyone now.  Again, not saying it's smart... I'm not sure Brady isn't just cracked .. But I think shanny has to be thinking about it now. 

3 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

He's been trying to get rid of Garapollo for years. You'd have thought Treys body type would hold up better (yes, I'd agree playcalling had something to do with his injury but the way he was hurt was freaky). You can't really say anything about Purdys injury susceptibility at this point I don't think.

My point is he's been trying to figure it out.

If he goes after someone like Brady, if Jed allows, then one can say Shanahan really did try everything realistically possible, and he just got stonewalled by a bad hand. 49ers are going to lose Ryans as DC, and probably a couple of other decent players in FA. I doubt injury luck will be as good as it was this season everywhere else except QB. Shanahan needs some type of equalizer, and Brady might be that guy. Gotta do something different though. Playing musical chairs at QB these last few seasons has essentially shackled the team from winning a SB with an otherwise talented roster. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Not gonna come in here and say good game, this is honestly the worst I've ever felt after an Eagles win in my time watching football. Sucks that you guys were dealt such a rough hand. I'm genuine when I say this. Good luck next year. You guys will get your chance to get revenge next year at least in the regular season, hopefully healthy. 

Godspeed.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Not gonna come in here and say good game, this is honestly the worst I've ever felt after an Eagles win in my time watching football. Sucks that you guys were dealt such a rough hand. I'm genuine when I say this. Good luck next year. You guys will get your chance to get revenge next year at least in the regular season, hopefully healthy. 

Godspeed.

Nothing to feel bad about. Injuries are part of the game. I just wish we'd have been able to see the game strength on strength. Good luck going forward, especially against KC. I'm tired of Mahomes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

If he goes after someone like Brady, if Jed allows, then one can say Shanahan really did try everything realistically possible, and he just got stonewalled by a bad hand. 49ers are going to lose Ryans as DC, and probably a couple of other decent players in FA. I doubt injury luck will be as good as it was this season everywhere else except QB. Shanahan needs some type of equalizer, and Brady might be that guy. Gotta do something different though. Playing musical chairs at QB these last few seasons has essentially shackled the team from winning a SB with an otherwise talented roster. 

The Niners had a chance to get Brady in March of 2020 but they choose Jimmy instead and it may have cost them a SB win in either 2020 or more likely 2021. By now a 46 year old Brady is a waste of time.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Godspeed.

Funny-1081.gif

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

Nothing to feel bad about. Injuries are part of the game. I just wish we'd have been able to see the game strength on strength. Good luck going forward, especially against KC. I'm tired of Mahomes.

I'm rooting for the Bengals b/c they have the fan base out of the Eagles/Chiefs that I hate the least. Philly/KC will be a SB where I want to destroy my TV.

• Like 1