Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

“It’s a tough block,” he said. “But all play actions are tight ends versus edge rushers. They had us on a number of those today, too.”

Shanny on Kroft's block of Reddick

This true? I don't pay close attention to the blockers on PA passes so idk 

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Shanny on Kroft's block of Reddick

This true? I don't pay close attention to the blockers on PA passes so idk 

Doesn't matter. Kroft should not be blocking Reddick ever. 

We don't have a Dwayne Carswell, Jason Dunn, or Don Warren that can be our backup tight end who is also good at pass blocking. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

CMC would have been my call at QB. That dude has a nice arm and you could have run those RPO's with easily with Deebo or Coleman. There was no good option after Johnson got hurt but I'd have much preferred that over Purdy just handing it over every time or throwing the occasional screen pass.

What the hell? Lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The good news is that TJS is fairly rare for QBs because of the way it's moved. 

The bad news is that if he has tjs, he's probably out two years and his career has a good shot at being over

How do you figure? Tommy John isn’t nearly the recovery as it used to be even for pitchers. Football throwing motion isn’t nearly as stressful on the ulnar ligament as well. I wouldn’t be shocked if he could be back for the start of the season if it’s standard Tommy John, but it kind of throws out the training camp competition. 

1 hour ago, straighthate said:

How do you figure? Tommy John isn’t nearly the recovery as it used to be even for pitchers. Football throwing motion isn’t nearly as stressful on the ulnar ligament as well. I wouldn’t be shocked if he could be back for the start of the season if it’s standard Tommy John, but it kind of throws out the training camp competition. 

The motion is different, the mechanism is different. QBs who hurt the ucl almost never opt to get the surgery if they can help it. Results have been meh, though not many. Delhomme was able to come back and start, but was never the same.  Big Ben supposedly didn't have it tjs, but had something similar because of three tendons off the bone. That's when he turned into guy who throws everything at the los. It ended Rob Johnson and Craig Erickson's career.Guys like Carson Palmer chose to avoid it. 

If he has tjs, I don't think you'll find many people that will be super hopeful moving forward. 

I just don’t think it happens in football that often so the sample size is small. But the use of the elbow is so much less stressful for a QB than a pitcher and pitchers come back pretty much every time now. The fact that guys can even avoid it tells you it’s not as serious as for a pitcher. 

I had it 25 years ago and was back to close to 100% in 6 months. Niners medical staff hopefully is better than the college one I had (although I’m not super confident in that team) and the science is so much better now. I just don’t see it as a two year deal by any means and am hopeful he’ll be back for the start of the season. But yeah, sample size is so small on QBs it’s tough to predict.