Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

Didn't catch it on the telecast, but apparently his hands were shaking when he got inserted in. He clearly wanted no part of that situation. And with how incompetent he looked on the field, I wonder how hard he was preparing every week as the backup. Maybe he just wanted an easy paycheck, and rolled he dice that he would never have to get inserted. I dunno, but it's hard to believe someone with that amount of experience looked completely shook at just simple tasks unless they weren't taking their prep seriously. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You know it is bad when all night you keep asking yourself, could we have won that game with someone like Beathard or Mullens? 😭

I still can't believe what we witnessed. 

Yeah, this game doesn’t sit well with me! Granted I’m not trying to hijack the thread because this is more about the game, but I’m giving this game an incomplete grade. As soon as Purdy got hurt, it was Game over. I know people will say injuries are part of the game, etc. It’s unfortunate.

I have to imagine going into the next season we are going to stress or get more lineman to protect our qb(s). 

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Didn't catch it on the telecast, but apparently his hands were shaking when he got inserted in. He clearly wanted no part of that situation. And with how incompetent he looked on the field, I wonder how hard he was preparing every week as the backup. Maybe he just wanted an easy paycheck, and rolled he dice that he would never have to get inserted. I dunno, but it's hard to believe someone with that amount of experience looked completely shook at just simple tasks unless they weren't taking their prep seriously. 

The man has been on more teams than actual starts, so of course he was not going to be ready for the moment lol. The truth is, he's not a NFL caliber QB. He's just a really good teammate and coaches like him to mentor young QBs. His fumble wad inexcusable. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The man has been on more teams than actual starts, so of course he was not going to be ready for the moment lol. The truth is, he's not a NFL caliber QB. He's just a really good teammate and coaches like him to mentor young QBs. His fumble wad inexcusable. 

Eh. Was rookie Glock13 ready for his "moment" as the last pick of the draft when he was inserted in there? He was mentally good to go after one slow handoff. 

Nah I can't really excuse his incompetence. Brock has enough good teammates, and coaches to mentor him. Josh was with the team at least two months, and as a veteran can't handle a snap. That's ridiculous. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Eh. Was rookie Glock13 ready for his "moment" as the last pick of the draft when he was inserted in there? He was mentally good to go after one slow handoff. 

Nah I can't really excuse his incompetence. Brock has enough good teammates, and coaches to mentor him. Josh was with the team at least two months, and as a veteran can't handle a snap. That's ridiculous. 

Purdy was a rookie itching to get on the field. Johnson is clearly okay being just a backup. I'm not excusing it as he should not have been shaking in fear when he had to check in, I'm just saying I am not surprised by the least.

That's why I'm asking myself what happens if we even have Mullens or Beathard at QB? Good chance we are up at least 10-7 at one point and then it's a different ball game. Shame. 

• Like 1

Our goal next season aside from having two legitimate NFL caliber QBs for the playoffs has to be to start out faster and get the #1 seed. Both SB teams were the #1 seed and when only one team has a first round bye, it's such a big advantage. Shanny can't have another 3-4 or 3-5 start. The team is stacked and needs to be ready from week 1.

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Our goal next season aside from having two legitimate NFL caliber QBs for the playoffs has to be to start out faster and get the #1 seed. Both SB teams were the #1 seed and when only one team has a first round bye, it's such a big advantage. Shanny can't have another 3-4 or 3-5 start. The team is stacked and needs to be ready from week 1.

The #1 seed is a lucky luxury one can't bank on. Nothing would have changed under the old system if the 49ers didn't have to play Seattle. Beat Dallas or whomever, and still get rick rolled in Philly with bad lucks in all phases of the game. If the 49ers had the number one seed, and the Eagles had to travel, 49ers probably still get popped with Kyle's gameplan he had. The lack of the #1 seed isn't what stonewalled the 49ers this year. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

There was a result yesterday, but there was no game. 

After Purdy's injury, I threw everything that happened in the game out the window. There's nothing for me to take away from this game when you don't have a functioning QB. 

I don't know if we would've won the game if Purdy didn't get hurt, but the Eagles' offense really didn't impress me much during the first 3 quarters. We absolutely would've had a great chance to win if we had Purdy. 

This was the worst way to end the season and will leave a bitter taste in my mouth, but I am by no means looking at this team as one that couldn't hang with the Eagles, that's BS. 

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The #1 seed is a lucky luxury one can't bank on. Nothing would have changed under the old system if the 49ers didn't have to play Seattle. Beat Dallas or whomever, and still get rick rolled in Philly with bad lucks in all phases of the game. If the 49ers had the number one seed, and the Eagles had to travel, 49ers probably still get popped with Kyle's gameplan he had. The lack of the #1 seed isn't what stonewalled the 49ers this year. 

I mean we suffered bad luck with our top 3 QBs getting hurt but the #1 seed is absolutely important. Playing one less game and not having to travel is big. We don't know how this game was going to go and if the Eagles would have had a bit more left in the tank in the 4th quarter.

Anyways, I really think if we had CMC at QB instead of Johnson, we would have had a better chance of scoring LOL. That's how bad it was with Johnson. 

11 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

There was a result yesterday, but there was no game. 

After Purdy's injury, I threw everything that happened in the game out the window. There's nothing for me to take away from this game when you don't have a functioning QB. 

I don't know if we would've won the game if Purdy didn't get hurt, but the Eagles' offense really didn't impress me much during the first 3 quarters. We absolutely would've had a great chance to win if we had Purdy. 

This was the worst way to end the season and will leave a bitter taste in my mouth, but I am by no means looking at this team as one that couldn't hang with the Eagles, but that's BS. 

Definitely the most unique way to lose a championship game. Just sucks it happened to arguably the best 49ers team since I think 1997. Not sure where I would rank it in the list of losses over the years, because you're right there basically was no game, and the Eagles were essentially giftwrapped a win. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe