What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They're going to do everything in their power to make sure Jordan Love is successful.  And given that they just restructured Aaron Jones, he's not going anywhere.

I said "SHOULD". I know they won't, but I think they should. Regardless, I guess we shall see.

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I mean if you saying compared to a banged up / young WR core and a Rodgers with a broken thumb maybe I guess.  Still not sold Love beats out what Rodgers did last year even with all of those issues.  

Don't try and reason with the geriatric group think. 

• Like 1

This thread is so entertaining. Cant wait to see what the compensation will be.

I think more players will be involved now. Originally, I would have said 2nd and a conditional 2024.

Now I think it will be a 2nd, conditional 2024 and Corey Davis for Rodgers and Bakhtiari.

One thing to keep in mind in terms of leverage, the Jets are not an old team. Our best players are 25 and under. So we aren’t an old team that only has a 2 year window. If we miss out on Rodgers, the goal will be to get Jimmy G and continue building the team. Lamar actually makes more sense if not for the mismatch in offensive philosophy.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

No, Bakh is elite when healthy. He just hasn't been healthy in a LONG time. He's on the wrong end of 30 and played a whole 24 games since 2020 (some of which were on a limited snap count) during that 3 year span.

With respect, you're entitled to your opinion. I promise I won't be obnoxious...or at least too obnoxious, when you realize how spoiled you've been for the past 30+ years with QB play. It's not your fault that you're out of touch here, it's a byproduct of what you've been able to take for granted.

Incog isn't wrong.  Bakh is still elite.  He was on a pitch count early in the year and the weird appendectomy late in the year, but was otherwise healthy in the second half of the season.  There's no reason to believe the injury concerns aren't behind him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Nothing about what he said was rational.  We've seen other QBs be plenty successful with less than ideal receiving weapons.  Why shouldn't Rodgers be one of those?

Because he had a broken thumb on his throwing hand?

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I said "SHOULD". I know they won't, but I think they should. Regardless, I guess we shall see.

Trading Bakh for peanuts rather than making sure Love is successful is the right way to go?  That's some interesting logic there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Now I think it will be a 2nd, conditional 2024 and Corey Davis for Rodgers and Bakhtiari.

Wait...why are the Packers adding in a top 5 LT and the Jets are adding a cap casualty?  This one makes no sense for Green Bay at all.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

Wait...why are the Packers adding in a top 5 LT and the Jets are adding a cap casualty?  This one makes no sense for Green Bay at all.

It's not a cap casualty, it's "Corey Davis."

10 points to whoever gets that reference about "Corey Davis."

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He’s always hurt. Figured y’all want to clean house. And for us, it’s only because he’s Rodgers’ good friend. I don't really want him. Just think he will be part of the deal.

If y’all think the Packers wont include Bakhtiari, then I will stick to my original expectation of a 2nd and conditional 2024.

Edited by SDotNova

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

It's not a cap casualty, it's "Corey Davis."

10 points to whoever gets that reference about "Corey Davis."

A WR who can't stay healthy and a $10M+ cap hit isn't exactly the definition of valuable.  That's not adding value, that's taking value away.

13 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

This thread is so entertaining. Cant wait to see what the compensation will be.

I think more players will be involved now. Originally, I would have said 2nd and a conditional 2024.

One thing to keep in mind in terms of leverage, the Jets are not an old team. Our best players are 25 and under. So we aren’t an old team that only has a 2 year window. If we miss out on Rodgers, the goal will be to get Jimmy G and continue building the team. Lamar actually makes more sense if not for the mismatch in offensive philosophy.

It'll take a lot more than that to include bahk.