What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year plus a conditional pick next year is more than fair and we could even swap 13 and 15.

People saying it's going to be 2 firsts or a 1st this year plus a conditional next year are out of their minds.

I'd be fine with a 2nd, conditional and swapping 13/15 but I guess it doesn't matter because we don't know what's being offered and what's being asked.

• Like 1

Just now, Bullet Club said:

I'd be fine with a 2nd, conditional and swapping 13/15 but I guess it doesn't matter because we don't know what's being offered and what's being asked.

Fair enough. I just see people thinking 13 and a conditional next year or 13 plus our first next year and all I'm saying is that's not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

The fact that he's a future HOFer goes out the window the second he said he's not returning to the team and specifically will only go to the jets. As a GM it is your obligation to build the best possible team you can and accepting 0 compensation when you could've gotten something is a fireable offense as far as I'm concerned.

There is no possibility where the Packers get 0 compensation outside of Rodgers retiring which would help with cap space more then trading him so IMO if the draft capital is a 3 or less would be a fine option I would gladly be happy with.

I think its a foregone conclusion that he will get traded and most likely is getting traded the Jets. Its just who breaks first the Packers who really have nothing to lose till September except for whatever circus Rodgers wants to make or the Jets who will have to go without a QB till September and will have to deal with that same circus and the cap implications up to that day. Both will have to deal with the Rodgers circus, only one will have to deal with the cap space implications, and only one will have to deal with not having their planned starter in camp. The Packers don't have leverage when it comes to competition over Rodgers but they have some leverage in how long they let the Jets sit and wait. 

1 minute ago, Greene N White said:

People saying it's going to be 2 firsts or a 1st this year plus a conditional next year are out of their minds.

I'm "out of my mind" for suggesting that the Jets will have to give up slightly more than what the Colts gave the Eagles to acquire Carson Wentz?

Rodgers is still arguably a top 5 QB, a year removed from back to back MVP seasons, that gives the Jets a legitimate chance at the Super Bowl. The Jets just made 3 FRP's last draft cycle as well so losing one this year doesn't hurt them as much, especially when you consider they get Rodgers on a super team friendly deal and the Packers have to eat like $40M.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think Jordan Love's performance will determine if he's on the hot seat or not. The Packers ownership / front office understand that Rodgers is a pain to deal with.

It doesn't matter. If Love comes out and Balls and they are paying Rodgers to sit on the bench the fans will be furious they didn't move Rodgers to make the team better. If he comes out and plays terrible then the FO distanced themselves from Rodgers, made their team worse, and have a bleak future with no QB on the roster.

The Packers are not going into training camp with Rodgers. The Jets aren't going into training camp without a QB.

1 minute ago, Dbrog24 said:

Just funny to me that people think it's crazy for Jets to pay the 13th overall pick for Aaron Rodgers. You really think they believe that pick would help them more than Rodgers? 😄

Wentz got traded for a FRP but people think Rodgers trade value is only on par with Darnold and Rosen.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It doesn't matter. If Love comes out and Balls and they are paying Rodgers to sit on the bench the fans will be furious they didn't move Rodgers to make the team better. If he comes out and plays terrible then the FO distanced themselves from Rodgers, made their team worse, and have a bleak future with no QB on the roster.

The Packers are not going into training camp with Rodgers. The Jets aren't going into training camp without a QB.

They're not going to pay Rodgers to sit, aren't players severely punished for holding out now?

I agree, I also think it's going to cost a pretty significant price to get a deal done.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'm "out of my mind" for suggesting that the Jets will have to give up slightly more than what the Colts gave the Eagles to acquire Carson Wentz?

Rodgers is still arguably a top 5 QB, a year removed from back to back MVP seasons, that gives the Jets a legitimate chance at the Super Bowl. The Jets just made 3 FRP's last draft cycle as well so losing one this year doesn't hurt them as much, especially when you consider they get Rodgers on a super team friendly deal and the Packers have to eat like $40M.

Yeah you're bat **** if you think he's worth more than Wentz was in that trade. Wentz was worth significantly more at the time of that deal than rodgers is now because he actually had a market, unlike rodgers who has 1 potential destination in the Jets. And it's not like Wentz wasn't down to return to Philly. They just wanted to move on. Rodgers just made it clear it's jets or retirement

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Paying Rodgers to sit on the bench while Love starts is best for the organization? I have serious doubts that is the case.

They'll eat $40M in dead cap if they trade him in comparison to paying him $31M against the cap if they keep him.