2023 - TCMD Trade Approval Thread

ny92mike

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@MKnight82

@MikeT14 @NYRaider

We haven't ever done this before to my knowledge and if I allow this then I've got to start allowing everyone to do this.  

Definitely creative and I know that teams have done this in the past.  How often I don't know but I'm just not ready to start having to shift money around like this.  I'm sure if GM's thought this was allowed at the start they would have been doing it.

If you want to make the trade without the 3.6 million let me know.

Holy crap

Coming home at 1 am from a concert is not the time to decide this. 

also it should be @ny92mike call

theres precipice with Brock Osweiler but damn…

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Holy crap

Coming home at 1 am from a concert is not the time to decide this. 

also it should be @ny92mike call

theres precipice with Brock Osweiler but damn…

I don't see why this couldn't be done... and I mean that from a workbook situation. If both agree and have the cap its okay. It's a can of worms but okay. Again I think it's ultimately you're call Mike, but I think okay.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@MikeT14 @NYRaider

I'm not sure about allowing this but I want you guys take on this.

I know that the names aren't big names but I'm not a fan of these type of trades.  This is just creating a loophole for future trades.  Let me know what you guys think about this.

Same thing as before. It's bottom of the barrel stuff but I think it's okay. That said I 100% back your ultimate decision

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Houston trades
Pick 207

Jacksonville trades
0855 - E.J. Perry - QB
1564 - Kevin Austin Jr. - WR
Pick 208

@jch1911

we didn't discuss it just my solution before I go to bed

I would be okay with this.

Once again, only if it doesn't create any more headaches (literal & figurative) for Mike or create some sort of strange loophole

11 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@MKnight82

@MikeT14 @NYRaider

We haven't ever done this before to my knowledge and if I allow this then I've got to start allowing everyone to do this.  

Definitely creative and I know that teams have done this in the past.  How often I don't know but I'm just not ready to start having to shift money around like this.  I'm sure if GM's thought this was allowed at the start they would have been doing it.

If you want to make the trade without the 3.6 million let me know.

Eh, it's just like the Baker Mayfield trade. The way it would work is a simple restructure of Williams by the Bengals with 3.604 mil of his salary converted to signing bonus. We then trade him to Commanders who assume his remaining 9 mil in salary. 

Bengals haven't done any contract restructures in TCMD so I don't know why it wouldn't be allowed. It's mainly a salary dump by the Bengals since his contract is guaranteed on his 5th year option but the player wouldn't refuse getting paid early and going where he'll have a starting job as opposed to becoming a rookie's backup in Cincinnati.

Cap wise, it would be 3.604 dead money for the Bengals with 9 mil in cap space gained and a charge of 9 mil to the Commanders.

13 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Thanks. The good part for you is I don't think it requires any special rules, just make it count against a team's limit on restructures. 

No worries.

When I first looked at it I was just seeing extra work.  Not that it should matter a whole lot but I thought I'd have to use a hidden workbook to add deadmoney and just wasn't ready to do all of that especially at the time.  Freaking raging headache.  Gd nerve damage in my neck I get these at times and they suck.  Looked at it again this morning and it was easier to account for than originally thought.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Jacksonville trades pick 121

to Cincinnati for pick 131 and 1645 - Lamarcus Joyner - S

Accept

edit: canceled because guidelines for fa player can't be traded; when negotiating we came to pick swap instead of future pick for guidelines and missed this one. no harm or foul play intended.

Edited by Trojan