48 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Texans trade 2024 7th round pick to 

Jacksonville Jaguars

for

0855 - E.J. Perry - QB

1564 - Kevin Austin Jr. - WR

@Trojan

@MikeT14 @NYRaider

I'm not sure about allowing this but I want you guys take on this.

I know that the names aren't big names but I'm not a fan of these type of trades.  This is just creating a loophole for future trades.  Let me know what you guys think about this.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@MikeT14 @NYRaider

I know that the names aren't big names but I'm not a fan of these type of trades.  This is just creating a loophole for future trades.  Let me know what you guys think about this.

I'd probably require at least one pick per player in any trade.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@MikeT14 @NYRaider

Perry was cut by Jags IRL and signed by Texans

Kevin Austin Jr. was a draft crush from last year

He was an UDFA for Jags.

Wanted to exchange something of value, but I saw Jags were low on cap space (so player swap was out)

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals trade 1341 - Jonah Williams - LT  to Washington and pay 3.604 mil of his 2023 salary.

Commanders send Cincinnati pick 152

@MKnight82

@MikeT14 @NYRaider

We haven't ever done this before to my knowledge and if I allow this then I've got to start allowing everyone to do this.  

Definitely creative and I know that teams have done this in the past.  How often I don't know but I'm just not ready to start having to shift money around like this.  I'm sure if GM's thought this was allowed at the start they would have been doing it.

If you want to make the trade without the 3.6 million let me know.

Just now, ny92mike said:

@MKnight82

@MikeT14 @NYRaider

We haven't ever done this before to my knowledge and if I allow this then I've got to start allowing everyone to do this.  

Definitely creative and I know that teams have done this in the past.  How often I don't know but I'm just not ready to start having to shift money around like this.  I'm sure if GM's thought this was allowed at the start they would have been doing it.

I think it's reasonable to do, we've seen teams do it in the past.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think it's reasonable to do, we've seen teams do it in the past.

I know teams have done this in the past, we've just never done it here.  It's extra work on my end is my point.  It's just one now but this would become the norm and I'm just not geared to add more to my plate.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@MKnight82

@MikeT14 @NYRaider

I know @sparky151 was trying to get this deal done so I'll honor it with all money but I'm curious why it couldn't be transacted as we stated? 

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I know @sparky151 was trying to get this deal done so I'll honor it with all money but I'm curious why it couldn't be transacted as we stated? 

It's not that I don't want to deny these types it's just the workbooks aren't really set up to make this an easy transaction to update.  Also, feel like because the guidelines don't have any details on the matter that some might have just believed it wasn't allowed.

Tell you what I'll accept it and I'll allow every team one of these transactions.  Maybe I rushed to judgement due to a pounding headache.

And to be fair @jch1911 I'll allow your trade as well.

But I'll update it all later tonight or tomorrow if I can't get rid of this headache soon.

Edited by ny92mike

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

Perry was cut by Jags IRL and signed by Texans

Kevin Austin Jr. was a draft crush from last year

He was an UDFA for Jags.

Wanted to exchange something of value, but I saw Jags were low on cap space (so player swap was out)

Easiest fix is to include some craptastic guy at the end of your roster