Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

2 minutes ago, Slateman said:

On a related note, the Isabella sandwich shop at Nats Park was booted out due to the allegations against Mike Isabella.

Disappointing, because it was one of my favorite food stands, but I understand their position.

I'm hoping maybe they add a Jose Andres one.

Which lineup wins this game: Melo, Westbrook, Paul George, Cory Brewer and Steven Steven Adams VS Horford, Marcus Morris, Jason Tatum, Aaron Baynes, Terry Rozier and with reserves Ojeleye, some guy named Nadar, Larkin and Monroe?

Brad Stevens deserves coach of the year and its not even close. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Slateman said:

We really hate Angelos, as you can imagine.

You realize that the Redskins have the Angelos-equivalent owner in the NFL, minus a rival town that he tried to screw over from getting a franchise for decades (had Snyder owned the team when the Ravens moved out of Cleveland, I suspect that he would have done his best to block it).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

You realize that the Redskins have the Angelos-equivalent owner in the NFL, minus a rival town that he tried to screw over from getting a franchise for decades (had Snyder owned the team when the Ravens moved out of Cleveland, I suspect that he would have done his best to block it).

Yes. But the Angelos hate is special. He's basically the reason baseball wasn't in DC 10-20 years earlier. Also, the MASN deal and subsequent lawsuit.

9 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Yes. But the Angelos hate is special. He's basically the reason baseball wasn't in DC 10-20 years earlier. Also, the MASN deal and subsequent lawsuit.

Oh, I am aware. My hatred of Angelos runs deep (my dad put down a deposit for the potential Washington franchise in the 90s).

I'm just saying that Snyder == Angelos without the opportunity to **** over another town.

18 hours ago, Woz said:

Don't know what WNFF is, but I'm somewhat concerned about the Nats 2018 season right now. The run support so far in Spring Training is extremely underwhelming (2nd worst, only behind Minnesota, in all of baseball), and the pitching has been rocky as well.

The one saving grace is the Nats play in the NL East, but I'm not sure that will mean much late in the season. This kind of feels like 2015 when they hung around 0.500 for most of the season, only to see the Mets pass them by. I don't think that this represents the long term position of the franchise, but I'm tamping my expectations this season.

They’ll probably win the division again because the division sucks and lose in the NLDS. 

17 hours ago, Woz said:

The difference between Snyder and Angelos is Snyder has always done everything he could to win. Angelos tanked the Orioles for a while and still doesn’t spend much to improve the Orioles via free agency. 

20 hours ago, Slateman said:

Absolutely. I'm gonna re-up my apathetically awaiting the postseason thread. Although, my interest in this season will be peaked by a brand new, 55 inch 4k TV.

WNFF is probably the best fan forum for talking Washington Nationals baseball. Oh and taking pot shots at the Braves, Orioles, Phillies, Mets, and the Orioles. We really hate Angelos, as you can imagine.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php

I'm the same user name over there. No idea who @Jeezy Fanatic is over there, but I imagine it's as hilarious.

I never really post, more of a reader. I'll probably make my way over there this week to start the season.

19 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Which lineup wins this game: Melo, Westbrook, Paul George, Cory Brewer and Steven Steven Adams VS Horford, Marcus Morris, Jason Tatum, Aaron Baynes, Terry Rozier and with reserves Ojeleye, some guy named Nadar, Larkin and Monroe?

Brad Stevens deserves coach of the year and its not even close. 

Shane Larkin, stud.

44 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Was talking with a coworker here with this possibility: assume for a moment the draft plays out like this:

1. CLE - Darnold
  2. NYG - Barkley
  3. NYJ - Olsen
  4. CLE - Chubb
  5. DEN - Fitzpatrick
  6. IND - Edmunds
  7. TAM - James
  8. CHI - R. Smith

Do the Patriots call up the 49ers and Raiders and offer 23 and 31 for their pick to draft Josh Allen? Have to think that Lynch would take that deal, and I suspect McKenzie might think long and hard about passing.