Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 minute ago, Woz said:

It was more for his lip syncing of "Let it go, let it go."

My apologies for any unintended trauma (well, from the sweatshirt at least).

I cannot wait this year to discuss football with Seattle Fans when their team falls back to earth. They are going to be competing with Arizona for cellar dwellers. Nothing has sucked more than listening to their entitlement and how they were forming a "dynasty."

giphy.gif 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 4:17 PM, Slappy Mc said:

I cannot wait this year to discuss football with Seattle Fans when their team falls back to earth. They are going to be competing with Arizona for cellar dwellers. Nothing has sucked more than listening to their entitlement and how they were forming a "dynasty."

giphy.gif 

I'm not so sure. They still have Russell Wilson, some weapons on offense, talent at LB, S and some talent on the DL. Rams were the team with the leasdt injuries last year and that's probably not going to happen again.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5530/michael-bennett

"Eagles DE Michael Bennett has been indicted on a felony charge of injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic woman at Super Bowl 51.
The 66-year-old woman was working at Houston's NRG Stadium trying to control access to the field. A warrant in the state of Texas has been issued for Bennett's arrest. Then a member of the Seahawks, Bennett attended the Super Bowl to watch his brother Martellus. Michael was accused of shoving his way onto the field after the woman told him to use a different entrance. Bennett faces a penalty of up to 10 years in prison in addition to a $10,000 fine. Mar 23 - 3:02 PM"

tenor.gif?itemid=3609069

15 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5530/michael-bennett

"Eagles DE Michael Bennett has been indicted on a felony charge of injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic woman at Super Bowl 51.
The 66-year-old woman was working at Houston's NRG Stadium trying to control access to the field. A warrant in the state of Texas has been issued for Bennett's arrest. Then a member of the Seahawks, Bennett attended the Super Bowl to watch his brother Martellus. Michael was accused of shoving his way onto the field after the woman told him to use a different entrance. Bennett faces a penalty of up to 10 years in prison in addition to a $10,000 fine. Mar 23 - 3:02 PM"

tenor.gif?itemid=3609069

Wait, I hadn’t read the details before, this lady was 66 and working security? So technically  he pushed a person who was working security that the stadium/Texans employed at the age of 66 to do security. Is it a felony to push a security guard? Seems like civil case Tom me, this lady should just retire off of suing him and go live on an island with her bought 20 something boy toy.

I know a guy who does security at the Anthem as a second job, he’s about 6’5, 350. Those are the type of ppl who should be doing security.

Edited by turtle28

On 3/24/2018 at 8:05 AM, turtle28 said:

Wait, I hadn’t read the details before, this lady was 66 and working security? So technically  he pushed a person who was working security that the stadium/Texans employed at the age of 66 to do security. Is it a felony to push a security guard? Seems like civil case Tom me, this lady should just retire off of suing him and go live on an island with her bought 20 something boy toy.

I know a guy who does security at the Anthem as a second job, he’s about 6’5, 350. Those are the type of ppl who should be doing security.

All I could think of reading that... Was this. lol

10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

From the article:

It’s a legitimate question — and raises the possibility that the Prince of Darkness, team president Bruce Allen, let his petty personal grudges get in the way of what would have been best for the future of the franchise.

1. Well, duh.
  2. Calling Moron the "Prince of Darkness" gives him WAY too much credit/power. He's an idiot who only has a job because
    1. his dad coached the Redskins to a Super Bowl in the 70s, and
    2. he has no problem shoving his head up Snyder's tailpipe and saying it smells like roses in there.

Furthermore:

Reasonably intelligent people can also come to the conclusion that the Prince of Darkness would have rather swallowed broken glass than trade Cousins and reunite him with Shanahan. If you have any doubt of how petty he could be, please see the credible reports this winter about the Redskins considering tagging Cousins one more time. If you have any doubt about how petty this front office can be, please see the anonymous quote fed to the Washington Post last year about fired general manager Scot McCloughan and drinking.

These are the people leading the franchise we care about, folks. Mean Girls-like reactions instead of cold, rational analysis.

For all of you who think that I'm overly negative, this is why. I have zero faith in any ability for this current front office (yes, the whole damn office because they are notionally working together) to do anything that is going to help this franchise win in the short, medium, and long terms. Yes, I will credit them for being relatively hands off this free agency period, and avoiding paying ridiculous sums for marginal players (for the record, I like the Richardson signing; a bit more expensive than I would like, but that's where the market was). However, they have no plan whatsoever and everything is seemingly done with a "seats of their pants" consideration.

Yes, they will get good players when they fall to them (see: Jonathan Allen last year), but getting the obvious player doesn't mean much when you overlook better players due to positional myopia (see: Ryan Anderson over Zach Cunningham last year).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Nats season coming up, should I make a return to WNFF @Slateman?

Don't know what WNFF is, but I'm somewhat concerned about the Nats 2018 season right now. The run support so far in Spring Training is extremely underwhelming (2nd worst, only behind Minnesota, in all of baseball), and the pitching has been rocky as well.

The one saving grace is the Nats play in the NL East, but I'm not sure that will mean much late in the season. This kind of feels like 2015 when they hung around 0.500 for most of the season, only to see the Mets pass them by. I don't think that this represents the long term position of the franchise, but I'm tamping my expectations this season.

50 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Nats season coming up, should I make a return to WNFF @Slateman?

Absolutely. I'm gonna re-up my apathetically awaiting the postseason thread. Although, my interest in this season will be peaked by a brand new, 55 inch 4k TV.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Don't know what WNFF is, but I'm somewhat concerned about the Nats 2018 season right now. The run support so far in Spring Training is extremely underwhelming (2nd worst, only behind Minnesota, in all of baseball), and the pitching has been rocky as well.

The one saving grace is the Nats play in the NL East, but I'm not sure that will mean much late in the season. This kind of feels like 2015 when they hung around 0.500 for most of the season, only to see the Mets pass them by. I don't think that this represents the long term position of the franchise, but I'm tamping my expectations this season.

WNFF is probably the best fan forum for talking Washington Nationals baseball. Oh and taking pot shots at the Braves, Orioles, Phillies, Mets, and the Orioles. We really hate Angelos, as you can imagine.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php

I'm the same user name over there. No idea who @Jeezy Fanatic is over there, but I imagine it's as hilarious.

• Like 1