Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Those Maryland teams man they’re tough

I grew up a Hokie football fan and a Maryland basketball fan. I pretty much gave up on Terps basketball after Gary retired. I cannot stand the current coach and refuse to watch them anymore.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I grew up a Hokie football fan and a Maryland basketball fan. I pretty much gave up on Terps basketball after Gary retired. I cannot stand the current coach and refuse to watch them anymore.

I’m still a fan of the team. It’s like the Redskins and all dc area sports, they got my the balls. Lol 

I like what Buzz is doing down at Virginia Tech. I graduated from Towson after my first two years at WVU, I like seeing UMBC shock the world. Their campus is about 10-15 miles from Towson in Catonsville, MD.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 11:27 PM, lavar703 said:

Wow this is embarrassing for Virginia. 

On 3/16/2018 at 11:46 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Please do not get near @Woz with sharp objects right now. 

Sorry man. You need a cuddle or something?

When it was at halftime (21-21), I was okay. It was a normal, Tony Bennett-led Virginia Cavaliers halftime score.

Then the second half opened.
First, the denial - "How are they making all of those shots? That's not possible!"
Then, the anger - "Why the hell are you throwing up 3 after 3?! You're bigger than they are! Drive the friggin' lane!"
Then, the bargaining - "Look, get two and get back on defense. Just chip away at the score and you can get back in this game."
Then, the depression - "FML"
[bed ensues, or an attempt; ended up staying up to 2 or 3 in the morning because I couldn't sleep]
Then, acceptance the next more - "SOFH (Same Old F-ing Hoos)"

I've made my peace with it.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2018 at 11:34 PM, MKnight82 said:

@Woz why can’t we have nice things?

I honestly told a fellow Hoo here at work on Wednesday or Thursday of last week (who was worried we would choke in the tourney (like usual)): "All I want is for us not to be the first team to lose to a 16 seed. After that, I'm okay with what happens."

• Like 1

PlayfulCoolBlackbird-size_restricted.gif

@Woz I am quoting this from a locked thread for the purpose of saying "How Dare You!" Will Ferrell in a Seahawk Sweatshirt!

As a Redskins fan from the West Coast that lives very close to Seattle, this disgusts me. That is all.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

@Woz I am quoting this from a locked thread for the purpose of saying "How Dare You!" Will Ferrell in a Seahawk Sweatshirt!

As a Redskins fan from the West Coast that lives very close to Seattle, this disgusts me. That is all.

It was more for his lip syncing of "Let it go, let it go."

My apologies for any unintended trauma (well, from the sweatshirt at least).

• Like 1