Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

12 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Welcome to the world:

Magnus Jaxon Shepard

Future Redskins QB

Born today, 4/18/18 at 10:20 a.m.

8lbs, 1oz

Mom and baby are doing fine. Dad and big sis are ecstatic.

Congrats, Thai! 3 days before my birthday, April bdays are the best. I love the name! Doesn't get much stronger than that. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Is Magnus a family name, or where did that come from?

I'm descended from Vikings on my Dad's side and English from my mom's side.

With my daughter we used a name from my wife's ancestry.

But for our boy we went with my ancestry.

Magnus is an Old Norse name. Its the name of many Viking kings.

Jaxon is a variant of "Jackson" and means "God has shown favor" (*)

(*) not discussing religion just meaning of names.

13 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Welcome to the world:

Magnus Jaxon Shepard

Future Redskins QB

Born today, 4/18/18 at 10:20 a.m.

8lbs, 1oz

Mom and baby are doing fine. Dad and big sis are ecstatic.

Naming the newborn "the greatest?" Dang, no pressure or anything, Thai. :D

Congrats!

Maybe you guys could help me. Wasn’t sure what thread to post this in. This year I’ll be taking the wife and kids down to fed-ex for thier first redskin game. Still deciding between the Colts, Packers or Panthers games. Earlier in the year I’ll get better weather. Gonna spend the money and sit down low. Rather keep the youngens away from the riff raff upstairs. I know I need a parking pass and stub hub sells them it’s just I’m not sure which lot to shoot for. Gonna be sitting on the redskins sideline. Also, is there anyway to get a pregame field pass anymore? My last trip was in 2012 (the eagles blowout win) and the security guard just let us down. I’m sure some of you are season ticket holders and /or been down there a bunch of times. Any advice on making this awesome for the kids would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance fellas. 

36 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Maybe you guys could help me. Wasn’t sure what thread to post this in. This year I’ll be taking the wife and kids down to fed-ex for thier first redskin game. Still deciding between the Colts, Packers or Panthers games. Earlier in the year I’ll get better weather. Gonna spend the money and sit down low. Rather keep the youngens away from the riff raff upstairs. I know I need a parking pass and stub hub sells them it’s just I’m not sure which lot to shoot for. Gonna be sitting on the redskins sideline. Also, is there anyway to get a pregame field pass anymore? My last trip was in 2012 (the eagles blowout win) and the security guard just let us down. I’m sure some of you are season ticket holders and /or been down there a bunch of times. Any advice on making this awesome for the kids would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance fellas. 

Save the money and take them to Disney World or something. IF you want your family to have a bad time you can just take them to the DMV for a lot less money and renew your license at the same time!

6 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Save the money and take them to Disney World or something. IF you want your family to have a bad time you can just take them to the DMV for a lot less money and renew your license at the same time!

Lolol. We’re probably doing Disney in the summer. Have to balance out the joy with a big fat redskin loss. Thinking the Colts game my best shot at a W. 

Maybe Miami LSU in the Jerrydome

Edited by bigdog44
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Lolol. We’re probably doing Disney in the summer. Have to balance out the joy with a big fat redskin loss. Thinking the Colts game my best shot at a W. 

Maybe Miami LSU in the Jerrydome

I would definitely recommend the Colts game. Warm weather and the best chance at a win. My wife and I go down to DC to see a game almost every year and thats our formula: Early season game (Sept/Oct) against a team we will be favored to beat. Not sure how far you're traveling but the ride home is much more enjoyable after a win. I do agree with Jeezy though, Fed Ex is a dump and an awful gameday experience. If they don't win, its a tough way to justify the cost. I have tons of friends and family in the DMV so thats the main reason we keep coming down haha. It's still a fun overall experience but Fed Ex needs to go ASAP. No character and no aura. 

• Like 1

Since I'm posting on the TOTR thread, I have some news. My Wife and I are moving back down to Maryland in June! After spending almost 2/3 of my life in Massachusetts, I'm coming back to my native land in Montgomery County. We're thrilled to be coming back and can't wait to finally be able to watch Redskins games in the comfort of my own home instead of having to go out to bars with Sunday Ticket. Hopefully the Boston sports luck will follow me down. I think it's me. The Redskins were great when I last lived in the DMV, I moved to New England and the Pats suddenly become a dynasty. I'm bring that all back to DC B|

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

I would definitely recommend the Colts game. Warm weather and the best chance at a win. My wife and I go down to DC to see a game almost every year and thats our formula: Early season game (Sept/Oct) against a team we will be favored to beat. Not sure how far you're traveling but the ride home is much more enjoyable after a win. I do agree with Jeezy though, Fed Ex is a dump and an awful gameday experience. If they don't win, its a tough way to justify the cost. I have tons of friends and family in the DMV so thats the main reason we keep coming down haha. It's still a fun overall experience but Fed Ex needs to go ASAP. No character and no aura. 

Thanks for the tips. Coming down from NY. Ride home depends on if Baltimore, Philly or either of the NY teams are home. I’ve made it back anywhere between 8-10. Might make a long weekend out of it. I’d love to do ocean city but that’s a lot of car time for the kids. My 6 year old is torn. Likes Rodgers from the dog commercial. Likes Luck because of the name. And “Cammy Cam” because he gives the ball to kids after a TD. Jeez wish we had a star like that lol. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Since I'm posting on the TOTR thread, I have some news. My Wife and I are moving back down to Maryland in June! After spending almost 2/3 of my life in Massachusetts, I'm coming back to my native land in Montgomery County. We're thrilled to be coming back and can't wait to finally be able to watch Redskins games in the comfort of my own home instead of having to go out to bars with Sunday Ticket. Hopefully the Boston sports luck will follow me down. I think it's me. The Redskins were great when I last lived in the DMV, I moved to New England and the Pats suddenly become a dynasty. I'm bring that all back to DC B|

MOCO! Born and raised here!

Hope you bring good luck back to DC Sports!

• Like 1