Trade Deadline Discussion and Proposals

seminoles1

Just now, winitall said:

That’s the part I don’t understand either. Bey clearly had value, why dump him for a player that was going to be salary dumped?  

weaver really liked wiseman in the draft apparently and just like bagley he thinks casey and co can fix him but also i'm guessing most front office realize what kind of player bey actually is and aside from him being on a rookie deal, that's not really worth much

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Those are both based on a podcast just written two weeks apart, that's surprising though. I'd assume he'd prefer to play somewhere with championship aspirations. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Those are both based on a podcast just written two weeks apart, that's surprising though. I'd assume he'd prefer to play somewhere with championship aspirations. 

He loved being in Minnesota last year. I'd put it at like 90% he goes there if bought out. Plus they need someone like him anyway. He was the leader of that team last season.

Edited by Bullet Club

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He loved being in Minnesota last year. I'd put it at like 90% he goes there if bought out. Plus they need someone like him anyway. He was the leader of that team last season.

Interesting, I wonder if Mike Conley being there changes anything.

And I'm surprised we didn't trade Clarkson or Olynyk but I'd imagine that KO will be bought out, Rudy Gay too.

18 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

yeah i would've given him certified role player money but there's always going to be more internal and external pressure to keep "your guys" just from an optics perspective than someone like wiseman who the whole league is already out on

Who cares about pressure if the money doesn't add up.  As an RFA they can still keep him if he doesn't agree to a Bagley type deal.  Optics of trading one of your own for nothing but a worse contract and worse production isn't good either. 

22 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

duren is already way better than wiseman so that seems like a weird thing to say

it's just weaver taking shots at "talent" and not understanding how to build a team that can play together and puts guys in positions to succeed

this team now has 5 centers and 2(?) forwards

I meant if we didn't have a good young C already on the team.  I would much prefer Duren obviously, just saying I was all for taking a flier on Wiseman prior to the draft when we got Duren.  I'd rather give him a chance to develop than Bagley but honestly they are similarly as bad. The taking shots on talent is dumb when you end up signing them to overpriced deals when they dont pan out like you had hoped.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I meant if we didn't have a good young C already on the team.  I would much prefer Duren obviously, just saying I was all for taking a flier on Wiseman prior to the draft when we got Duren.  I'd rather give him a chance to develop than Bagley but honestly they are similarly as bad. The taking shots on talent is dumb when you end up signing them to overpriced deals when they dont pan out like you had hoped.  

I don't really see Wiseman's appeal for the Pistons to be honest, not sure how you can really develop him and Duren at the same time when they can't really play together.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't really see Wiseman's appeal for the Pistons to be honest, not sure how you can really develop him and Duren at the same time when they can't really play together.

Agreed, which is why I was all for it before Duren.  Now its just redundant and will potentially steal minutes from Duren.  And cost a lot for poop.