Trade Deadline Discussion and Proposals

seminoles1

19 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Okay, fair. I definitely was reading that as stat-padding, so my bad.

Yeah, let's leave out the 2 best perimeter players ever when comparing Jokic to others. Not exactly fair.

I would disagree, and so do NBA players about being "scared" to play against him.

I don't know who to compare him to. He's not someone who wants to hunt his shot, but he is more than capable of dominating the scoreboard when it's needed. He's proven that in the playoffs multiple times. I guess like a modern Magic Johnson. Were teams afraid of his scoring ability? No, not compared to his overall feel and manipulation of the court. But if and when he needed to, he could put points on the board. Jokic is a better scorer than Magic, though.

You just clearly have a lesser opinion of Jokic than most, and I honestly don't know why. The one thing you could be holding over his head...you just aren't, so it seems more personal to me.

This discussion started as a question I asked regarding why previous players who were better seemed to be ineligible to win 3 consecutive MVPs.  Saying the guy isn’t as good as Jordan, Lebron, Shaq isn’t exactly me calling him a bum. 

20 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

This discussion started as a question I asked regarding why previous players who were better seemed to be ineligible to win 3 consecutive MVPs.  Saying the guy isn’t as good as Jordan, Lebron, Shaq isn’t exactly me calling him a bum. 

And I'm asking why, just because things used to be done the wrong way, means we should still do it wrong and be upset if that's changed now?

If Jokic ends up deserving it then he should win. He shouldn't be punished because voters in the past sometimes maybe used to get it wrong.

I also don't know what else Jokic needs to do for you to be considered a potential all-time great. This is the first year where, if Denver is healthy and does get upset in the playoffs and he doesn't play that well, he should start getting some pushback. But I highly doubt that will happen knowing his playoff history and the caliber of player he is.

• Like 1

if the warriors decide to blow up this trade, which one of the players traded has the most awkward return?

wiseman is very clearly an outcast in golden state, payton has to go back to a medical staff that was basically abusing him, and the pistons put out a hit piece on saddiq within two hours of the deadline

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Welp, I can't blame Memphis for not trying. 3 1sts for OG, 4 1sts for Bridges, willing to offer every pick and swap for Durant, etc.

I wish we could have closed, but I feel better knowing we weren't low balling and being stubborn. Other teams just had crazy prices to meet.

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Welp, I can't blame Memphis for not trying. 3 1sts for OG, 4 1sts for Bridges, willing to offer every pick and swap for Durant, etc.

I wish we could have closed, but I feel better knowing we weren't low balling and being stubborn. Other teams just had crazy prices to meet.

Like the Lakers finally dumping Russ, replacing Brooks' minutes with even the most average wing is a huge net gain.

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Like the Lakers finally dumping Russ, replacing Brooks' minutes with even the most average wing is a huge net gain.

I know, but I have a bad feeling that they're definitely going to bring him back since Ziaire hasn't developed.

If Toronto flames out the rest of the season, maybe they'll be more willing to part with OG.

On 2/11/2023 at 11:42 AM, seminoles1 said:

Any report of trade packages without the details of protections is kinda useless to speculate about.  Memphis picks will be in the 20’s for a half-decade.  If they were unprotected Brooklyn would’ve done it.  

15 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Any report of trade packages without the details of protections is kinda useless to speculate about.  Memphis picks will be in the 20’s for a half-decade.  If they were unprotected Brooklyn would’ve done it.  

You also can't speculate and say Brooklyn for sure would have done it. We don't know, but you said yourself that Memphis will (more likely) be picking in the 20s. Why would either side care about protections if that's the case?

29 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You also can't speculate and say Brooklyn for sure would have done it. We don't know, but you said yourself that Memphis will (more likely) be picking in the 20s. Why would either side care about protections if that's the case?

I suppose you could put the 29’ pick in a different category but for 4-5 years those picks won’t be good.  Ja is under contract thru 28’ and soon Bane.  The Nets could’ve sold that deal as getting 8 first rd picks for a 34 year old.  

5 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I suppose you could put the 29’ pick in a different category but for 4-5 years those picks won’t be good.  Ja is under contract thru 28’ and soon Bane.  The Nets could’ve sold that deal as getting 8 first rd picks for a 34 year old.  

I don't understand what you're trying to say. I was just saying I'm glad Memphis was actually willing to put good offers on the table and not being stubborn like I thought they'd be. I'm not arguing whether it was the best offer on the table or that Brooklyn should have taken either deal.

I don't even care about the willingness to offer a pick package for Durant because I'm glad we didn't lose Bane or JJJ. I'm moreso commenting on the willingness to offer 3+ 1sts for OG and Bridges.

Edited by seminoles1

13 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't understand what you're trying to say. I was just saying I'm glad Memphis was actually willing to put good offers on the table and not being stubborn like I thought they'd be. I'm not arguing whether it was the best offer on the table or that Brooklyn should have taken either deal.

I don't even care about the willingness to offer a pick package for Durant because I'm glad we didn't lose Bane or JJJ. I'm moreso commenting on the willingness to offer 3+ 1sts for OG and Bridges.

It was a good non-executed idea.  The Suns are certainly happy they didn’t indirectly route Mikal there.