Trade Deadline Discussion and Proposals

seminoles1

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Who cares about pressure if the money doesn't add up.  As an RFA they can still keep him if he doesn't agree to a Bagley type deal.  Optics of trading one of your own for nothing but a worse contract and worse production isn't good either. 

my point was just that bey was too far gone under this organization but they might've sunk cost fallacy'd into a 4 year/$60m contract only because he was once considered part of the core

quick math, with wiseman's contract next year they should still have $40ish million in space if they decline noel's option and accept burks'

but yeah paying bagley and wiseman $25 million is disgusting

1 minute ago, catcheryea said:

my point was just that bey was too far gone under this organization but they might've sunk cost fallacy'd into a 4 year/$60m contract only because he was once considered part of the core

quick math, with wiseman's contract next year they should still have $40ish million in space if they decline noel's option and accept burks'

but yeah paying bagley and wiseman $25 million is disgusting

They better hope Wiseman shows something so they can move him in the offseason.  Bagley too for that matter but I doubt anyone wants him for that pay day.  

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed, which is why I was all for it before Duren.  Now its just redundant and will potentially steal minutes from Duren.  And cost a lot for poop. 

they're already doing this. duren is averaging 27 minutes a night since january 1st

unless they plan to sub stew and duren together all the time and are just planning to play wiseman 15-18 minutes. but then you probably have to play wiseman and bagley together and just gross

Really happy GP2 is back but it’s just shows you how bad the front office was past off-season. They decided to keep Wiseman over GP2 in the off-season and everyone knew it was a terrible mistake and watched Wiseman trade value tank. 

Having GP2 and Dante gonna be a nice defensive tandem 

8 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Would've loved for the Pels to make a move on OG but the fact that none of his suitors (us, GSW, Memphis) pulled the trigger on him tells me that Masai was being unreasonable. Biggest L of the deadline goes to the Raptors.

They traded a 1st and 2 2nds for someone who is a free agent this summer, adding to their list. A very interesting twist at the deadline for sure.

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They traded a 1st and 2 2nds for someone who is a free agent this summer, adding to their list. A very interesting twist at the deadline for sure.

28 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Would've loved for the Pels to make a move on OG but the fact that none of his suitors (us, GSW, Memphis) pulled the trigger on him tells me that Masai was being unreasonable. Biggest L of the deadline goes to the Raptors.

It looks like they'll at least make the play in but they're not going to make a deep run, now they run the risk of losing GTJ/FVV this summer and they'll have less leverage with Siakam/OG because they're both going to be on expiring contracts. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Has any pick at all been useful?

That's the thing, they've actually gotten some really solid guys like Quickley, Grimes, and Robinson with really late picks. It's the lotto picks (Barrett and Obi) that have been duds. And the last couple years the Knicks have decided to trade away a bunch of mid-round 1sts for short-term cap relief or future picks that are heavily protected.