Keenan Allen

3rivers

what would he cost approx?

Not the number of targets of a WR1 , but every bit of skill especially vs zones.  Maybe Allen and Landry if the cap cost is decent, especially if Addison is gone before we pick #17. Then maybe trade down a bit as well.

With age and reliability a concern, it cold drive the cap cost down as well.   

Edited by 3rivers

20 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

what would he cost approx?

Not the number of targets of a WR1 , but every bit of skill especially vs zones.  Maybe Allen and Landry if the cap cost is decent, especially if Addison is gone before we pick #17. Then maybe trade down a bit as well.

With age and reliability a concern, it cold drive the cap cost down as well.   

I don't see any need for signing two WRs. I don't think we're a team that is going to be slinging the ball all over the place next year. I'm ok with adding Addison, because I think he could be really good for Kenny, but I really don't think WR is that big of a need. 

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

He's an excellent receiver at releasing off the ball and beating press coverage. ALL our WRs could benefit from him being on the roster. I'm sure he could also help them in the film room since he has a good feel for defenses.

he is also great at finding soft spots in zones, so perhaps he can teach them a thing or 2 about this skill as well.   What do you think the salary would be approx?

1 hour ago, AFF said:

Rather go get Jakobi Meyers as a solid possession vet compared to adding a 31 year old Allen who is on the downswing and probably cost as much if not more.

Im not necessarily opposed to adding Meyers, but I think his age will get him more money than Allen.   Also, I believe Allen would be a better mentor vet to guys like Pickens and Austin.

IMO, we dont really need a young, long term free agent at WR.   We need a 1 or 2 year stop gap vet that can possibly teach our young guys a little.   I think a guy like Meyers will want a 3 or 4 year deal, and I dont personally want him that long.

I have always thought Allen was elite when healthy, but thats the problem    . If he can stay healthy, it would be a steal, top notch hands/feet and finds the zones open areas.  It could be a steal and allow them to focus on the trenches in the draft.