Andy Reid

Blackstar12

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

If BB gets discredited for having Brady, should Reid get discredited for having Mahomes?

It's an interesting question because so many people want to apply support biases, so it should certainly make sense to do so when comparing coaches.

I personally don't believe in support (maybe like 5-10% of the argument in extreme cases) as much as others, so I don't really care, but I would certainly expect a lot of folks to.

I also think BB > Reid though

Edited by Soggust

IDK about all time rankings but I would rank Reid as the best offensive mind of the 21st century.

He is also smart but fortunate to have Spags at DC who should really be an HC in his own right (and has been in the past). And Toub is possibly the greatest ST coach in NFL history.

When Reid gets to focus on the offense and has amazing coaches to handle defense and special teams, he gets to focus on what he does best.

If Spags and Toub left, I do think it would take a toll on the Chiefs.

12 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

BB, widely regarded as the GOAT coach, gets discredited for having Brady?

Well I mean look at his record without Brady, on teams where he has full control of personnel. Decent/good defenses, and nightmare on offense 

On 2/13/2023 at 2:24 AM, e16bball said:

Winning those 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs, all of whom were mediocre (or worse) before Gibbs got a hold of them, that’s a feat that I doubt will ever be replicated. 

I feel like Doug Williams gets a little underrated. His numbers weren't great in Tampa, but a sad sack organization and essentially threw him out there and said "go win the game!" without a whole lot of receiving weapons. His success early on his career was in spite of his circumstances, not because of them.

On 2/13/2023 at 1:30 PM, fluhartz said:

fixt

I'd have Halas, Lambeau, Gibbs, and Parcells in consideration on my all-time list....those 4 are glaring exceptions though, and Halas/Lambeau got a lot of wins before passing was even a thing.

Edited by Mr Bad Example

He's in the group with Shula, Gibbs, Lambeau, Landry, Noll and Walsh - I don't have him with Halas, Brown, Lombardi or Belichick.  Reid's done a ton to resurrect his career in Kansas City, but one can't ignore his 10+ years in Philly with only 1 NFCC when he had Donovan McNabb in his prime for the majority of his tenure. He 10-9 in the playoffs with a sub .600 win% overall.  The longer he stays with Mahomes and keeps this dynasty going in Kansas City, the more that image will be forgotten and replaced by the latter, but that's just my opinion.