The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And the intention of that trade was sacks, which we had zero and cost us a title.  And now we don’t have the resource to replace the guys we are losing, and got absolutely nothing for that resource.

Captain Hindsight GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Then why do we keep having to sign guys 1 year deals with void years ??  Because we have the appropriate resources tied up in dead cap from having to restructure every year.

Does it matter? We're still getting the guys he wants. We're still successful. Also it's better then punting a year or two.

Not really sure why you'd wanna just give up a season or two to just get rid of dead cap that none of us have to pay for out of our pockets. Just accept it and enjoy the fun off seasons and all of our success. 

Before you say you don't wanna , that's what it would take. 

Penny doesn't deserve multiple years yet. Bradberry just got multiple years. Scott doesn't really deserve multiple years. Toth same thing. Kelce is retiring soon so why? 

Free Agency Tracker

Resigned/Signed

OC Jason Kelce

OL Brett Toth

CB James Bradberry 

DE Bradon Graham

RB Boston Scott

RB Rashaad Penny

Lost

DT Javon Hargrave

LB TJ Edwards

LB Kazir White

S Marcus Epps

OT Andre Dillard 

Edited by Nabbs4u

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Eagles now 2.6 million over the cap, 8.2 including draft picks after the Graham deal, roster bonuses etc

Eagles ($2,692,463) ($8,210,819) 65 $181,798,373 $54,729,912

Can we play football if we don’t get under the cap? 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Can we play football if we don’t get under the cap? 

We have to be cap compliant by 4 PM EST today.  So a Lane and/or Slay restructure is coming.

If you are interested, I track this stuff on a google sheet, so you can see the impact into the future.

With the new Graham deal and roster bonuses that kicked in, the Eagles are down 8.9 million in 2023 cap space, but more importantly, down 7.8 million in 2024 cap space without adding a player to the 2024 roster, and have added to the dead money for the 2024 season.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We have to be cap compliant by 4 PM EST today.  So a Lane and/or Slay restructure is coming.

If you are interested, I track this stuff on a google sheet, so you can see the impact into the future.

With the new Graham deal and roster bonuses that kicked in, the Eagles are down 8.9 million in 2023 cap space, but more importantly, down 7.8 million in 2024 cap space without adding a player to the 2024 roster, and have added to the dead money for the 2024 season.

I believe you. I’m just screwing around. I’m sure Howie has it figured. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Danger said:

Yes, Quinn didn't work out for us, but this was the kind of year Howie makes that kind of trade and you don't question it. A prominent veteran, even if he's old coming off a fantastic season? On a team that made the Super Bowl even without much contribution from him. It was the right move at the time every time.

Why not? We should always question it. I'm not for having blind faith on anyone on the team or FO. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

Why not? We should always question it. I'm not for having blind faith on anyone on the team or FO. 

Because if you're in a prime position to make a genuine title run, and your GM gets gun shy. You need a new GM.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I believe you. I’m just screwing around. I’m sure Howie has it figured. 

I actually find it quite interesting to track the cap real time, and it has changed my opinion of how Howie operates since I started doing it.  Here is a link to my spreadsheet.  It is pretty self explanatory, but I can answer questions if you have any.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tF3yanEJI265hP5FH6PVCZDmTt5QQxDye3gmz2wRy5s/edit?usp=sharing

Are we all forgetting how conservative I tend to be when it comes to making trades or signing players MOST of the time? I'm usually the one asking for "fiscal responsibility" in the cap, and making acquisitions, but when that moment is there you ****ing reach for it. You might not grab on to it, but if you don't try then GTFO.

Just now, downundermike said:

I actually find it quite interesting to track the cap real time, and it has changed my opinion of how Howie operates since I started doing it.  Here is a link to my spreadsheet.  It is pretty self explanatory, but I can answer questions if you have any.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tF3yanEJI265hP5FH6PVCZDmTt5QQxDye3gmz2wRy5s/edit?usp=sharing

What moves need to be made to sign Braxton Berrios?